When someone breaks up with you because they need space, on average how long does that last?

Just curious, when someone breaks up with you because they need space, how long space do you give them or on average how long does it take for them to come back? I know it varies. If you have experienced with this situation, please share.

1128

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really love this person and want to be with them you will have the willing freedom to wait I know it's hard its difficult its frustrating it makes you feel ways like you being lied to they messing with someone else it makes your mind feel like it's gonna explode I know this cause I've been through this. I made it cause I love this girl with every drop of blood in my body so it all leads up to that time is of everything and in due time time will tell you just gotta have the will to wait good things comes to thoes who are willing to wait

• You waited for your girl? How long did you wait for her? Or what exactly happened if you don’t mind me asking?
      Also one reason why I asked this question was because I have a friend who was with her now ex husband for 20 years (met in high school and they’re in their 40s now) one day out of the blue he said he didn’t know what he wanted anymore and wanted a divorce. She was so sure that he was leaving her for another woman but also it sounded like he was going through a midlife crisis because he wanted to do all these things like travel and open up a business. He told her that he was going to do his own thing and focus on himself and told her to wait for him. She told him “I’m not putting my life on hold for you.” This was two years ago and up until now the ex husband is still single and has been single and she now has a new boyfriend. So that’s why I was asking this question, not necessarily “space” but just the fact that he left her to do his own thing. Hope that makes sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the amount of time it lasts is up to that person. Depending on the reasons why they may need space, it could either take a short or long time. In the process it may give you some thinking the as well. Time to reflect, ya know?