When someone breaks up with you because they need space, on average how long does that last?

Just curious, when someone breaks up with you because they need space, how long space do you give them or on average how long does it take for them to come back? I know it varies. If you have experienced with this situation, please share.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really love this person and want to be with them you will have the willing freedom to wait I know it's hard its difficult its frustrating it makes you feel ways like you being lied to they messing with someone else it makes your mind feel like it's gonna explode I know this cause I've been through this. I made it cause I love this girl with every drop of blood in my body so it all leads up to that time is of everything and in due time time will tell you just gotta have the will to wait good things comes to thoes who are willing to wait

1|0
    0|0
    • You waited for your girl? How long did you wait for her? Or what exactly happened if you don’t mind me asking?
      Also one reason why I asked this question was because I have a friend who was with her now ex husband for 20 years (met in high school and they’re in their 40s now) one day out of the blue he said he didn’t know what he wanted anymore and wanted a divorce. She was so sure that he was leaving her for another woman but also it sounded like he was going through a midlife crisis because he wanted to do all these things like travel and open up a business. He told her that he was going to do his own thing and focus on himself and told her to wait for him. She told him “I’m not putting my life on hold for you.” This was two years ago and up until now the ex husband is still single and has been single and she now has a new boyfriend. So that’s why I was asking this question, not necessarily “space” but just the fact that he left her to do his own thing. Hope that makes sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the amount of time it lasts is up to that person. Depending on the reasons why they may need space, it could either take a short or long time. In the process it may give you some thinking the as well. Time to reflect, ya know?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• Its like this, someone (needs space) because they're usually interested in someone else. So not to be labelled a cheater, they use the (need space) excuse. So they can pursue that interest. It will last as long as it takes them to either realize they were only infatuated by said person. Or permanent if they prefer the other person.

1|0
    0|0
  • Call me old-fashioned, but if you need to break up because you "need space" it probably wasn't going anywhere long-term

1|1
    0|0
  • You have to understand that when someone says the mean space it means the relationship wasn't comfortable for him. There's very little chance of you getting back together

1|1
    0|0
  • That's just a pretext to break up trying to not hurt the person but actually is worst since is to give fake hopes to the other,

1|0
    0|0
  • When someone breaks up with u cuz they say they need space that's your answer to break it off with them for good , when someone loves you they don't need space , a person that needs space is a selfish person, find someone that doesn't put u on hold

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no average lol depends on the person and the reason some never come back some do

1|0
    0|0
  • A decade, after they've married someone else and had kids with them. But don't worry. They're just trying to keep you guessing.

0|0
    0|0
  • It typically lasts forever. Where they say they want space it is a nice way of saying they don't want you in it. Nothing you can do to change that and anything you try is bound to make it worse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most likely 6 years

0|0
    0|0
  • If you completely sever communication, it will take about three weeks before they start to miss you. But you HAVE TO go completely radio silent.

0|0
    0|1
  • When some one wants space most the time they have found interest in someone else and want space to see if they want to be with them

0|0
    0|0
  • When someone tells you they need space! Then in my experience, those are the last breaths of that relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as it takes for the side chick to catch uber lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Typically one or two weeks. I don't really believe in breaks though

0|0
    0|0
  • Forever. I've never gotten back with someone who needed space

0|0
    0|0
  • Forever... if you need space, I don't want you back.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no such thing... Just a line I'd say there's someone else they are interested in already...

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how much money he wants to spend on hookers

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s a passive way of breaking up. I feel when people use that line it’s done. There is a reason they need the break in the first place. Functional relationships don’t normally take breaks and rarely does the couple on a break end up together. When people use that line it’s usually they are scared of not being in a relationship or don’t want to hurt the other. Problem is one person sots around waiting and ends up hurting more. My advice is to move on. If it’s meant to be then it’s meant to be but u can’t force it and it’s not fair to u to be asked to sit around waiting. A good lover doesn’t do that to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • a lifetime

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• When you love someone you cannot think being apart from them. Does not make sense. Because there can be possibility to break up or they can find someone etc you do not want to take that risk.
    If someone wants space just leave it as it is. If he does not have fear of losing you , you will always be an option to him. That, you truly do deserve better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually break up for space is permanent. Rarely do they come back. Do you really think if someone truly loves one person they need so much space to break up, that's just a euphemism for I don't want to be around you anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • I told my ex I needed 2 months.. I had college classes I needed to focus on. He blocked me the next day after we'd been dating 6 months

0|0
    0|0
  • It lasts forever. I can't imagine ending a relationship because I want space. I would rather stay in but have a discussion about boundaries.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its going to last forever because they just wanted to break up with that sorry ass excuse.
    Stop pinning over the thought of getting back together

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck that person, don’t let people treat you like trash. Find someone better who appreciates you, or just be happy on your own.

0|0
    0|0
  • Indefinitely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually forever

0|0
    0|0
  • U have to give him time until he comes back to you

0|0
    0|0
  • They don’t come back.