Seeing my ex in the same place we met?

So there is this typical beer festival in the city where I live. It happens twice a week and it's the place where I met the guy who broke my heart back in September.

There is an event organized for tomorrow to go to the festival. We have tables booked and everything is pretty organized and the festival itself is worth it. I'm going tomorrw, but I've checked the Facebook event and my ex is also coming (he event talked about it in the group chat). It's the place where we met in September and I'm scared it will bring too many memories. I also had a weird dream about tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous. I know he will be around, he usually is and sometimes actes weirdly and has even vrought his new girlfriend once.

I don't want to miss it but I need to find the way to be relaxed and enjoy it. I got myself a nice typical dress for tomorrow: I want to look good and feel good. Any clue on how to stop overthinking it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know just move on i guess can't always relive the past so of you do go and he's there just pay no attention. This one is kind of hard but I do understand what you mean. And if you bring some new girlfriend just look at him a small so good for you but just don't pay him any attention at whatsoever. Don't stress it cuz things happen for a reason and it's probably a good reason why it happened. So always think positive when you go take someone with you who's always going to have your attention so that way your mind is off of him. But seriously though don't let it stress you or anything it's not worth the pain anymore

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well the worste is behind you. He already brought his new girlfriend to it. So you should not over think it at all. Just be different then what you were. Show the world you have taken the best parts of your relationship with hi. And forgiven him for the pain he caused you and you are a better person because of it. This means he lost a great girl who has now moved on and going great places and living happily because she is worth it. Its that simple. Although i can see this is not where u are at the moment. You should come to terms that you loved him and he broke your heart. Thats basically saying i dont care enough to hold your heart from dropping to the floor because you aren't worth it. Now the ball us in your court. Are you gobna take that and bow yoyr head down to a person who didn't care to begin with or are you gonna give him the same treatment he gave you which means dropping his heart to the floor by how mature and forgiving kind passionate radiante you have become. Its good you bought that nuce dress but you need to talk the talk not just walk the walk. I really wish you take my advice. Cause i really think you are special and worth it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Don't even worry about it, I sadly bump into my ex all the time (I think she's following me😂), but when you do see your ex, just do you. Act as if he wasn't there, just do what you came there for in the first place. That's what I do, and I couldn't be happier with the results.

0|0
    0|0
  • Screw that guy. Get waisted and throw beer. No really just don't worry about it. It's his loss and that's how you should think about it. Bring a friend to ward off loneliness and awkward situations. If he says anything just say hi and start talking to a buddy

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I think that is what life is full about but why don't you just think it this way if I am right dont you think that you ex may decide to come to the festival just because of you?

0|0
    1|0
  • Make sure when you go there you look your best so he can see you and drool lol

0|0
    1|0
  • See if you can be around a friend that isn't mutual and can get you out of a confrontation, if needed

0|0
    0|0
  • Just ignore him if you see him there, or go cry whatever you want

0|0
    0|0
  • He's already familiar with the arena, guys a creatures of habit if it works we rinse repeat

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to have fun and distract yourself from him

0|0
    0|0
  • Newer

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to be like alone presin

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't change your lifestyle for done one else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just ignore him and his thoughts.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Well, you must stop that overthinking. Just be yourself again even you two will meet and even his girlfriend. I mean he moved on. I think, you should enjoy or have fun with your friends in order to get distracted.

0|0
    0|0
  • You two broke up in September? He's obviously moved on don't you think it's time you do? Go have fun don't pay any attention to him and just be yourself...

0|0
    0|0
  • An ex is an ex. You shouldn't care about that since its done. You can't change the past.

0|0
    0|0
  • ignore

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes