How often do ex's get back together?

he told me the reason we broke up was because the negitives out weighed the positives for 5 months and that he needed to think about things before he makes any decisons, yesterday he stayed in the hospital with me till 12am.. when we went back to his place to pick up my things i started crying and he hugged me and held my hand i kept telling him i missed him so much and he said he missed me too (even though we hangout quite a bit) he started crying as well.. we went to his bed and just hugged and i begged Him for another chance and he said he needs time to think about things cause he doesn't want to make the wrong decison. He flirts with me a little still.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• When you break up with someone, the feelings fade away, they don't disappear all of the sudden, so it's normal that he's kind of emotionally attached to you still. However, I wouldn't put my hopes up about getting bacl together if I were you.

If he's young as you are, he's probably figuring out the difference between emotions and feelings

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex and I are in the process of getting back together. We decided to be just friends right now, and it will probably stay that way for a while. But I'm okay with that. His other girlfriend broke up with him about 4 weeks ago, and I broke up with a playboy about a week and a half ago. So we don't want this to be a rebound. But we've been apart for a little over a year now and it's given some good time to think about things and to get over the break up. I did get over the breakup, but not over him. There's a difference. But by the time both of you get over the breakup... if you are still not over each other, then- under the right circumstances- you should get back together.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Don't cry again. Stay strong and let him come to you.

Do everything else you're doing, don't change anything, but let him come to you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, depends on the severity of the breakup, if it is really severe, the often don't, but if they just need some time to themself, they sometimes do get back together.

1|0
    0|0
  • Occasionally, at least in my experience, he seems like he still cares about you in some way so if you think y'all should be back together, give him some good reasons why

1|0
    0|0
  • Why the break up in the first place? Seem you two are still really close as it is.

1|0
    0|0
  • I got back with my ex 3 separate times for long stints

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends. But from observation and personal experience it's never a good idea to get back with an ex. Either work it out while you're in the relationship or break up and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you should think about if the relationship is what you really want. It shouldn't really matter how often people get back together.

0|0
    0|0
  • The better question is how many relationships last after exes reconcile which is virtually none

0|0
    0|0
  • We dont get over it faster its just because some of us is just so use of being dumpt or cheated on lol

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot more than they should, it happens a lot, it shouldn't tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • Sound like he like you a lot and doesn't want to scew it up

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on. If it didn't work the first time. It most likely won't work the 2nd time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Often but me never. Like would reuse a piece of toilet paper

0|0
    0|0
  • 40%of the time

0|0
    0|0
  • Once a mounth maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • No too often

0|0
    0|0
  • very often haha

0|0
    0|0
  • it's ok

0|0
    0|0
  • Very often

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Sounds like he isn’t really into trying again, but is feeling pressure from you and doesn’t want to hurt your feelings.
    People can still care for you, and want to help and support without wanting a relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • He either wants you or he doesn't, there's nothing to think about. When someone really loves you they don't have to think about if they want to be with you or not. He's wasting your time, cut this dude out your life and move on to a man who know what he wants aka you.

1|0
    0|0
  • He needs to think? He either wants you or he doesn’t and keeping you dangling isn’t fair on you.. he told you negatives.. laying fault at your feet not his but yours.. rather than being upset be very angry at him
    Text him *yes or no* if he types no don’t beg his loss not yours

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn't want to settle down yet, he wants to try other girls first. Do yourself a favor and look for another guy. It might help you realize what a good relationship is, or that better men are out there. Don't stay hung up on this guy who won't commit to you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes