Is it ok not to forgive the one who broke your heart?

Updates:
First of all i must thank you all , i wouldn't imagine this much of guidance and opinions
The fact is i fell in live with a girl that is most beautiful in my world , first she said she likes me too and then... I donno what happened and she changed , but i can't make my heart hate her and i think i'm still in love with her
Tnx again

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Forgiveness is a choice. In Christianity, Jesus commands that we have to forgive all, but I don't know if I believe that. What I do know is that forgiveness is about you, the hurt/sinned against, rather than the offending party. You forgiving doesn't mean you condone what they other person did or ever let them in again. It means you let go and give it to God. The rest will come in time.

1|0
    0|0
    • @cherryphi82
      In Christianity the forgiveness is like saying and not in a spiteful way:
      "I hope you (the offending party) get this right between you God because He is the One you ultimately offended."
      God can forgive all confessed sin. He is the ultimate judge.

Forgiveness is also acknowledging that He is the ultimate Judge.

• Show All
    • Enough of argument!

• @I-am-a-nobody People who tell others they'll "go to hell" if they don't do xyz are the kinds of assholes that give Christians a bad name. You can quote scriptures all you want, the spirit in which you said it gives you away. You are no follower of Jesus.

• I forgave mine. And he is one of my closet friends now.

0|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• My opinion based on personal experiences is just forgive them and move on, don't ever forget what the did thou. If you ain't forgiving someone you are letting them to be a part of your life, and will end up hating them. Which further will always effect your relations with others based on one bitter relation. One of my favourite quotes is " Hate leaves ugly scars, love leaves beautiful ones."

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Forgiving is letting go of the pain and resentment. I think it's okay. Not for the other person, but for your own sake.

Getting back together is a completely different thing. If you can't forgive, don't get back together.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think if they really deeply apologize to you then you should maybe try to forgive them but if they seriously hurt you and did not one single bit to try to apologize then it's okay not to forgive them

0|0
    0|1
  • You just simply protect yourself from potential heartbreak again... So it's fine. Don't feel guilty

0|1
    0|0
  • No, it's OK to care about your mental health and think about the future not analize the past

1|0
    0|0
  • It is only if they did it intentionally

0|0
    0|0
  • Forgetting is easier

1|0
    0|0
  • It is OK but u should forgive man

1|0
    0|0
  • I forgive and forget them too

0|0
    0|0
  • Forgive but never forget

1|0
    0|0
  • If it was on purpose, then its more than okay

0|0
    0|0
  • No, we should forgive others no matter how hard it is, even if they've broke our hearts. they're humans, they make mistakes and so do we. We wouldn't like it either if we won't be forgiven by others we have wronged. And besides, they have been a part of our lives and we have loved them, too. So, even if they have broke our hearts, still, let's show them that we have been sincere and true in our love for them. Let's show them the good side in us even if they have showed us their bad side. ☺

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• Not necessarily, but it is better to. To forgive them you have to understand that they don't understand the value of love and how incredible it is as much as you do. They are ignorant and mislead. You don't have to, but don't hold on to what they did to strong

0|0
    0|0
  • If they broke your heart, balled up and threw away your trust in a trash can and painted over loyalty then no he doesn’t deserve another chance at breaking your heart.

1|0
    0|0
  • You should always forgive (not hold it against them in a vengeful way).
    But you shouldn't necessarily forget.
    (That is, protect your heart.)

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but the burden lies on you.
    I mean as long as you're not doing anything illegal to that person,... It's fine.
    But there's always a mental burden that comes along with this.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they didn't have a good reason to do it and they didn't apologize then it's ok to not forgive them.

0|0
    0|1
  • Depending on how they did it. My personal feeling is that they dont deserve it. Espcially if its cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes its completely ok. After a while you will find someone that you are supposed to be with and you will forget him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes , why keep the grudge it will only change you to the worse
    Clear your heart and move on , i hope you feel better soon

0|0
    0|0
  • Holding a grudge is never a good thing but you could always not have them be part of your life ever again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope never forget or forgive. Never live in hatred.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's okay but I feel I will never forgive this person myself

0|0
    0|0
  • Forgive but never forget

0|1
    0|0
  • Always forgive but never forget.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes, let him realize

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's ok. Some emotions never die

0|0
    0|0
  • Well yea grudges never get anyone anywhere

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no but forgiveness is still better.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes