Is it ok not to forgive the one who broke your heart?

First of all i must thank you all , i wouldn't imagine this much of guidance and opinions
The fact is i fell in live with a girl that is most beautiful in my world , first she said she likes me too and then... I donno what happened and she changed , but i can't make my heart hate her and i think i'm still in love with her
Tnx again

1318

Most Helpful Girls

• Forgiveness is a choice. In Christianity, Jesus commands that we have to forgive all, but I don't know if I believe that. What I do know is that forgiveness is about you, the hurt/sinned against, rather than the offending party. You forgiving doesn't mean you condone what they other person did or ever let them in again. It means you let go and give it to God. The rest will come in time.

• @cherryphi82
      In Christianity the forgiveness is like saying and not in a spiteful way:
      "I hope you (the offending party) get this right between you God because He is the One you ultimately offended."
      God can forgive all confessed sin. He is the ultimate judge.

Forgiveness is also acknowledging that He is the ultimate Judge.

• Enough of argument!

• @I-am-a-nobody People who tell others they'll "go to hell" if they don't do xyz are the kinds of assholes that give Christians a bad name. You can quote scriptures all you want, the spirit in which you said it gives you away. You are no follower of Jesus.

• I forgave mine. And he is one of my closet friends now.

Most Helpful Guy

• My opinion based on personal experiences is just forgive them and move on, don't ever forget what the did thou. If you ain't forgiving someone you are letting them to be a part of your life, and will end up hating them. Which further will always effect your relations with others based on one bitter relation. One of my favourite quotes is " Hate leaves ugly scars, love leaves beautiful ones."