Guys how long do you hang on to an ex?

How long do you keep feelings for your ex?

• 1 week
  • 1 month
  • 6 months
    Vote C
  • Depends on how close we were
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:

55

Most Helpful Guy

• That's not usually something you can control. If you left him, you probably have little to none left anyway. If he left you, it'll depend on how much he meant to you, and how it hit you. It could be a few days, it could be a few months. Don't let how long it lasts worry you. There's no typical amount of time.

What Guys Said 4

• Basically, the dumper has no feelings left, but wants to "be friends" to save face and not have to think of themselves as a bad person. The dumpee feels badly because their ego took a hit, but if it was a healthy relationship and the break-up included clear communication about the reasoning, then it shouldn't take that long, because you'll know where you stand.

• Depends on how the relationship was and how it ended.

• Question: Why are the only answers so short in time? It takes many guys years to get over a girl. Do you really think we're that shallow?

• Okay less than a week but that wasn't listed as an option.

What Girls Said 5

• depends on the person. I'm not hung up on my latest ex at all, he doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned but I'm still sort of upset over the one before that, mostly because we were friends for a long time before hand and now we may as well not exist to on another.

• After reading most of the guys responses I have to disagree with them. When my ex broke it off with me he end up calling me back like a week or two later claiming he had made the biggest mistake of his life and etc.

So I would differ with the male responses, but I do know when your ready to move on you will.

• Depends on how much he/she means to you,like if he/she means nothing to you in the first place then you won't even think about him/her.

• It depends on how long you are together the majority of the time

• It's taken me 3 years to get over a guy I was with for 9 months (though we were friends for longer).