My ex girlfriend left me for her ex whom had left previously for me why does she want to be friends with me?

I started chatting with a girl a year and a half ago the friendship turned into relationship in 6 months.. Long story short she left her at the time boyfriend for me, our relationship lasted 3 months we were living 4 hours apart but she would come or i would go every month in her place or mine and stay for 15 days.. We had great chemistry and we were in love but we also had a lot of small fights like almost every day. She broke up with me and after 3 months she got back with her ex whom had left for me. Now she wants to remain friends we are at our early 20s her boyfriend is 32. After our break up she suggested me staying friends i accepted.. Till then its been 7 months we chat almost every day if i dont contact her for 2 days she contacts me she initiates 90% of the time.. I still love her i can't get over her. Sometimes she says that im the most handsome guy she had ever had smart and funny. I think about her every day and my heart is broken. My question is should i try to get her back and if yes how or should i forget her?
1
0