Girls, I found out she's in an unhappy relationship, she acts hot or cold seemed interested.. but rejected me?

Long long story but... in the beginning we trying to sneak looks at me. at times. I caught her talking to her friends about me. glanced, listening to my conversation But she looks at me with confidence and others nervously and try to smile at me. I notice She would get super anxious and fidget. When i caught her trying to sneak looks, she wouldn't know to look or not or smile and look away fast. Then she got jealous if seen me talking to another girl and get upset and ignore looking at me.

weeks later, I decided to talk to her to try and make her comfortable. weekly I sat with her and spoke about casual stuff and with her friends all (Introverted). still nervous and shy and would constantly play with her hair or just giggle at everything. She started looking at me loads in class and continued talking about me to her friends. Once I decided to compliment her looks but we were kind of shy. I had to leave for class and she kept staring and talking about me like all her quietness went away but when she noticed I caught her talking about me she stopped and stared.

I got annoyed and stopped talking with her by which her mood changed. her friends kept staring at me, and she watched me when i walk into the room when she's studying and looks me in the face like she's upset and blushes. Before she knew i stopped having lunch she was happy than every time I saw her she looked depressed. which normally after we talk or I make it known I like her she gets really happy and talkative.

found out she and her friends hiding from me that she has a boyfriend. why would she hide that Then act this way when I stop having lunch or talking to her also I disappeared from college due to training commitments for 6 weeks.

I came back, I didn't talk, and she looked unhappy, in class I smiled when looking at her and she tried to stop herself from smiling. she starts staring at the ground the whole class looking upset and sad. Then i look at her and she avoids eye contact and looks sensitive
1 y
look away and she secretely look at me. Then at the end of class I was talking to my friend and sge stared at me ignoring everything else. continued not to talk. but all she does take quick glances or pretend I don't exist which it feels like she doing on purposeAlso if i walk past and dont say hi. But hi to someone behind her she goes silent even if she was talking. Then they love wait till they get enough dustance and talk about me again. I don't understand as one time she super shy
1 y
sat opposite in meeting she looked depressed. After sge was looking down making drink. I lked sge try not to smile. Fail and locked eyes and we was staring and smiling.

Week after I ask her out. Sge said sge had boyfriend. I said can I have number. She said no. I said I give her mine if it don't workout call me. She said no i saud why she said she been with him long time. I ask why she been smiling at me then. she got defensive and said just being nice.
1