Should I just give up on an emotionally unavailable man?

He is my ex and said he sucks at relationships and doesn't feel things like other people. He was depressed.
Last time we spoke was 4 days ago, and he said his dick belongs to me lol

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Last thing I want to do is insult depressed people, but depressed people inherently self-absorbed, it’s part of being depressed, you are self-consumed by your own state, both emotionally and mentally, I’ve been depressed before and when you feel that way, you don’t have the ability to offer yourself to others the way they would like, because it feels you don’t have any gas in your gas tank. I wouldn’t assume he doesn’t want to provide you with your emotional needs, he likely is not able till he gets out of his rut.

2|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • You litterly nailed everything.

• Too bad I’m not in a Sorority ;)
      I’m kidding, thanks

• Is it like that? Being depressed? I am assuming other people feel like that... it feels like you have no gas in your gas tank, and you can see people want you to have energy, you understand what people want from you, but nobody understands how you are a broken spirit with no energy and, like any bird with a broken wing, all you can think of is the broken wing

Most Helpful Girl

• No, my guy is emotionally unavailable but I know he loves me and cares but he has been through a lot. He shows me the love in his own way and I love him so I won't give up. He has got better overtime.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What makes him emotionally unavailable? Not affectionate? fear of commitment?

• Affectionate.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• You fall for his words but you sit there wait for his emotional availability. Sad. Sure suffer with him as long as you like. Meanwhile smart woman moved on long time ago when he first said what just said.

1|0
    0|0
    • you are right :(

• Show All
    • Move on, if it means blocking him to get to that point then do it. I recommend it.

• Knowing you, it ain't so easy, just say you git a new boyfriend by the name of windknowsmyname. Wait thats me, well just make up one. And distance yourself.

• with exption of that last part 😂, it seems like he got a silmiler set of fucked upness as me, trust me when i say, no, dont, its really hard for people with depresion and low key mental illness to be in relationship... or really do most "normal" things, it does sound like he wants to make it work, dont just turn your back on him

1|0
    0|0
    • did you feel indifferent towards people?

• Show All
  • He's trying so don't give up. Try just not expecting emotions and wait for them to develop on their own. Being a man I have very little emotion as well. You're trying to develop respect and not just emotions. The more he respects you the more he will become attached.

1|0
    1|0
  • Some people like myself had been through enough where we just seem blank

1|0
    0|0
    • so people like you are not able to have a relationship?

• We are but it's kinda like we brace for the blow. My longest relationship was 3 years and towards the end she told me I changed to where she can see that I had feelings for her. But I'm used to being cheated on and used so that's what I'm used to having.

• Well, it seems like he was just talking to you about his feelings there. I don't know if that is really "emotionally unavailable" if it seems like he is trying to make an effort to explain his feelings to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • He is clearly a sociopath
    Please save yourself and move on

1|1
    0|0
  • I think he said it belongs to you because he doesn't want to break up or wants you back

1|0
    0|0
  • Man, by default do not express emotions like girls do. You have to understand that before anything else.
    I'm not saying give up on him. It possible that he may want to express his feelings, but he doesn't know he can trust you.
    Some guys want that girl that they can let their guard down with.
    DONT make your relationship about that.

If you ever do the smallest thing to make him think you even capable of using his feels against him, then it will be way harder to ever get through to him.

Remember from a man's perspective, women use "head games" to hurt you. They fight dirty. Where men use their fists.
    If a girl betrays your trust, and blurts out your secrets, he still knows that he can't fight back because he may likely want use his fists.
    At least a man's perspective, specially a man with trust issues.
    Doesn't always apply.

I my friend tells me a secret, and I run my mouth, I could expect to be punched in the head.
    No self respecting man will hit a woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see anything wrong w having sex with your ex, I did a few times but it wasn't the same, it was opposite. Do you have feelings for him or no?

0|0
    0|0
    • I have feelings for him

• Show All
    • he broke up with me because he said he can't be in a relationship

• That's touchy, it will keep you attached to him. Dangerous but its on you. If he starts to see someone else you're not going to be ok w that right?

• I think u should he just wants to have sex with you. If u want to be in a serious relationship then u should

0|0
    0|0
  • No because you can change him if you submit to him for anal sex.

0|0
    4|0
  • Dump him and get with me I cry during sex and after. Please help me

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't know he sounds pretty romantic to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not me

0|0
    0|0
  • What does that mean anyway?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm an emotionally unavailable man. Trust me when I say you should give up right now. If you don't, his dick belonging to you will be the least of your problems.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea leave him, depressed males are weak and should either rbegt iver it or die alone. You gave him too much

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• The thing with depression is people feel emotions so strongly I do believe he can feel the good emotions as strong as the bad but he will need a lot of support to let down his guard down with you it just depends how much you have to give or if it will take away too much of you

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, yes... he needs to get better before dating other people. Otherwise you will be frustrated and dealing with lots of shit you shouldn't be dealing with... of course many relationships are like that... but they shouldn't be

0|0
    0|0
  • Always believe in a man when he tells you he is not into relationships. Dont force the guy. Maybe when he finds the right girl he might change but if he said that to you.. it is not you!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you should, and give your time and energy to an emtionally available man.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, you need to find someone who can satisfy your emotional needs

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he is just in it for the sex. If it were me i would end it but if you really love him try to bond with him or understand him better

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes this is a toxic relationship chord.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really think he can’t make up his mind

0|0
    0|0
  • Cut him✂️

0|0
    0|0
  • Interesting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.