Should I just give up on an emotionally unavailable man?

He is my ex and said he sucks at relationships and doesn't feel things like other people. He was depressed.
Last time we spoke was 4 days ago, and he said his dick belongs to me lol

1219

Most Helpful Guy

• Last thing I want to do is insult depressed people, but depressed people inherently self-absorbed, it’s part of being depressed, you are self-consumed by your own state, both emotionally and mentally, I’ve been depressed before and when you feel that way, you don’t have the ability to offer yourself to others the way they would like, because it feels you don’t have any gas in your gas tank. I wouldn’t assume he doesn’t want to provide you with your emotional needs, he likely is not able till he gets out of his rut.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • You litterly nailed everything.

• Too bad I’m not in a Sorority ;)
      I’m kidding, thanks

• Is it like that? Being depressed? I am assuming other people feel like that... it feels like you have no gas in your gas tank, and you can see people want you to have energy, you understand what people want from you, but nobody understands how you are a broken spirit with no energy and, like any bird with a broken wing, all you can think of is the broken wing

Most Helpful Girl

• No, my guy is emotionally unavailable but I know he loves me and cares but he has been through a lot. He shows me the love in his own way and I love him so I won't give up. He has got better overtime.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What makes him emotionally unavailable? Not affectionate? fear of commitment?

• Affectionate.