Why do some people date if they aren’t over their ex?

Why hop in a relationship if they still have feelings for another person. Why do dumpers do this too?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people have a rebound to get their mind off their ex. I've done it, but I've always been up front that my interest is short term and didn't lead anyone on that I was interested in more

1|0
    0|0
    • But some people actually get in committed relationships

Most Helpful Girl

• Because people are unthoughtful and careless. Also, probably selfish.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• Some times they don't know that they aren't over their ex, other times they are hoping that seeing someone new will help them move on.

1|1
    0|0
    • Well that’s dumb

• Yeah, but most people are dumb and short sighted. Can't help human nature, I guess.

• The two parties really weren't into each other to begin with. They cut their losses and decided to move on, mainly for selfish reasons.

1|0
    0|0
    • Why get together if you weren’t into each other

• Show All
    • Yeah so i think dumpers can rebound

• Maybe they can. But ultimately, they'll only look shittier in the end.

• They exactly date because they aren't over their ex, they think they will forget the old by focusing on the new.

1|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean “think”

• They hope they will replace the old with the new, But it mostly doesn't work well.

• To try and get the ex salty or in hopes of moving on but not how it works

1|0
    0|0
    • Why in the world would they do that

• Show All
    • How so

• How can u claim to love two men that simple

• Cuz they are. Stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they believe that another person will help them get over it.. But, don't realize that they just gon end up hurtin the person.. It's pretty selfish honestly.. I been through that twice honestly.. -_-...

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe to see if they are over there ex or to piss off the ex.

1|0
    0|0
    • Why would they want to piss them off if they broke up lol

• Show All
    • Well why woulda dumper or dumpe want to make the other jealous

• There are sick people out there, and sometimes the dumped one wants to show the dumper that " I don't care if you don't want to be whit me I am dating someone else already". And hope that the dumper will regret that he or she wanted to end the relationship in the first place.

• Trying to move on, convince themselves that everyone's different and it's possible for the same thing to not happen twice.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes people do this to motivate their ex to get over them. Sometimes they do it to distract themselves from their ex. And sometimes they do it just to try and help move on faster

0|0
    0|0
  • If your ex was the one you loved very much it's never that you would get over him/her

1|0
    0|0
  • How will you know you're fully over someone until you start dating again?

1|0
    0|0
  • It is often a distraction technique based around sexual deaire

1|0
    0|0
  • Because that's the only thing that will help some move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes Its the best way to get over somebody. It's harsh but life must go on.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't like being alone

1|0
    0|0
    • That’s using the other person

• Basically. The reasons aren't always genuine attraction, sadly :/

• Coz they're crazy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Agree

1|0
    0|0
  • Do get over their ex.

1|0
    0|0
    • They’re using the ex

• Most likely to get their ex out of their hearts

1|0
    0|0
    • Ahh so it’s like they are using the other person

• Yea a nail gets out another nail

• To help overcome their ex

0|0
    0|0
  • Trying to go on with their life.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cause they want an outlet to get over there ex

1|0
    0|0
  • To get over it

0|0
    0|0
  • They do it to get their mind off of it

0|0
    0|0
  • To help them over there exs

0|0
    0|0
  • To tell you the truth they really don't know why but the fact is that they don't feel it for about 3-6 months. So if one tells you he would like to start something but he will need some time to get over everything. Please give him that time and don't force anything. You can hangout and all because we need someone to hear us out and be there when we truly need someone

0|0
    0|0
  • to try to move on, quickly

0|0
    0|0
  • Because a guy can’t just wait for everything to be okay. You have to take opportunities afforded to you as they appear. Besides, the distraction can be good, the understanding that there’s other fish in the sea is good.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• I thought I was over him but a relationship made me realize I wasn't and it ended and I actually just got back with the first ex

1|0
    0|0
  • Most people do that because they think it's a faster way to get over someone or even make them jealous

1|0
    0|0
    • Why would they make them jealous lol

• Depends on how the relationship ended. Usually on a bad note, some would date another quickly to show their ex partner they have got over them and he/she could find someone faster than the other. I had an ex boyfriend did that before

• Why would they want to prove that they got over them?

• Cuz you can't just stop your life you have to get on with things move on and be happy

1|0
    0|0
    • But you’re using the other person

• Not really its its only the start of the relationship and the feels will grow

• I don't understand with it too, for me don't even start a relationship if you still had feelings for your ex

1|0
    0|0
    • I take it that you get over your exes pretty quickly. I mean, if you don't get over, do you wait years to date? Makes no sense.

• Because some do it to get over their ex. Ever heard of "the best way to get over someone.. is to get under someone else?" They are trying to purge.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah but they’re using someone els

• For a rebound

1|0
    0|0
    • Why not go tot he gym or on vacation or other things

• Some people react in different ways, rebounds are not fair to the other person but some people see it as better than being lonely

• Some people hope to get over their exes by dating

1|0
    0|0
  • To forget their ex

1|0
    0|0
  • REBOUND ALERT

1|0
    0|0
  • Distraction it works and eventually you’ll get over it and never look back.

1|0
    0|0
    • My ex used me as a distraction but he still was flirting with his ex when he saw her i gues i was a failed rebound

• Cuz they’re trying to move on from their exes

1|0
    0|0
  • To get over their ex. Plain and simple.

1|0
    0|0
    • What if they still aren’t over their ex after the new r

• I think it happens to a lot of people. It isn't right at all. Because I'll feel used as heck. He clearly can't be alone for too long and that's not good either.

• Yeah

Recommended myTakes