Is this ‘break’ going to end well?

Last week my boyfriend met me and told me he wanted a break because we were both unhappy in the relationship and we could both improve so we should take some time to reflect on what we’re doing wrong so we could come back better. He also said that he didn’t realise how much effort we both had to put in to make it work and that he wasn’t even sure if he was ready for a relationship (this was one of the reasons we’re on a break). He also told me that it’s not like we’re breaking up and it’s not permenant.

He also said he loves me very very much and he promised he wouldn’t lose feelings, which was what I’m worried about. And that he wants a break because it’s the best thing for us right now.

Today, he met me and said that he’s not even sure that he wants to be in a relationship at all, but if he did then it would definitely be with me. He also said he wasn’t sure if this feels like a break or a break up because it’s more in between.

I’ve told him that I really don’t want to break up but I understand if he can’t be in a relationship right now, and he says it’s too early to know for sure what’s going to happen. But I know that I still love him as much as ever and this has made me realise that I would hate for us to be apart.

I don’t know what I think about the whole situation, does it seem like we’ll get back together? I really do love him and I know he feels the same but I don’t understand why he suddenly is unsure if he wants to be in a relationship
Is this ‘break’ going to end well?
1
1