Why is my ex being so persistent?

OK so my ex broke up with me about 3 months ago, it was a decision that I regrettably pushed onto him but he still did it. Straight away I realized it was a mistake and he said he thought he'd made a mistake too. Any way I tried getting back but he weren't having any of it so I just left him, and said I didn't wanna be friends. 3 months later and he still won't let go! He makes excuses to text me, pretends someone else has text me from his phone, last week told me he loves me, misses me, can't get over me. I asked him what he wants and he said he doesn't know. He's constantly saying he thinks its ridiculous that I won't stay in contact with him and he keeps saying 'you never know what will happen in the future. You could get a new boyfriend and then get back with me' I'm tired of trying to work him out! What does he want?

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds like he still has feelings for you. But the problem is that you expect things to go back to normal and for you guys to date right away which isn't likely going to happen because it sounds like he feels hurt from everything that has happened. If you still have feelings for him and want to get back together with him then talk to him, don't wait for him to always approach you first. You need to work on your friendship before dating and you won't do that unless you both make an effort to talk to each other on a normal basis.

• He knows I want to try again, I couldn't of made it clearer. But I told him I wouldn't wait around for him to decide what he wants... it has been 3 months after all. He won't let go of me, I told him to delete my number but he won't. He says he still loves me, he misses me a lot and that he can't get over me, but he isn't willing to show any commitment. I don't know what to do :-(