My ex wanted to talk but he invited me out with his friends, haven’t seen him since the breakup, am I overreacting about feeling awkward?

I broke up with my ex a few weeks ago and we have been texting a lot, he’s been dealing with depression from a family member being sick, and I’ve been trying to be there to support him. I asked him if he wants to talk let’s get a drink this weekend, well he took me up on it, however he wanted me to come meet up with him with his group of friends who I’ve never met, also I haven’t seen him since we broke up. Is it bad that I told him I don’t feel comfortable and let’s just reschedule, I think he’s upset with me but seriously how awkward is that for me. He told me he would step away for a drink but it just feels so uncomfortable am I overreacting?
1
1