How do I let a guy know I think he's too good for me?

Im starting to like this guy I have been talking to. He treats me nice and everything but I feel like we are on two completely different levels. I am a quiet type of person and I'm not the smallest person around. The guy I'm talking to wakes doing sit up "to improve his 8 pack". I want to let him know that I know I am not what he wants and that he should probably move on.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Just a question, but how do you know you are not what he wants? Maybe he likes you for you, and if he is already interested, he obviously is attracted to you, probably physically and emotionally. No offense, but girls that think they are not good enough for a guy make me slightly angry - especially when the guy sees no problem in it. Now if you were, say... a meth addict? and he didn't know? than yeah, so disclosure would be good and then he could decide for himself, but do not try and make the decision for him, if you both like each other and want to enjoy each others' company and possibly be more than friends, then there is no reason not to. There are guys that go ONLY for the phsyical form of their girlfriends, but I would say many more go for a combination of looks and personality.

What Guys Said 2

• If you feel inadequate, then you probably are. However, he doesn't mind that, therefore there is no reason for you to believe this. You should be glad that he would be willing to accept you for who you are. It's something that many girls are incapable of and are not willing to do. :P

If he is attracted to you physically and attached to you emotionally, then you are "perfect" in his eyes already, and doesn't mind your self-perceived level-difference.

• He could be too good for ou but you can have a little fun with him, before you throw him back, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

What Girls Said 1

• Hey sweetie! I don't want to turn this into a "motivational speaking event". Let me just get straight to the point. Unless you can learn to love yourself enough and know that just based on who you are, that you are a likeable/loveable person, you probably shouldn't date. You are sabotaging this relationship and you will continue to until you can come to grips with learning to love yourself just the way you are. Not to mention, insecurity is the single most unattractive attribute you can possess to make a potential suitor, disinterested. Also, it takes a person only 5 seconds to look @ something or someone to discern if they like it/them, or not. Sounds like you're way past that point, right? But acting insecure, well, that's just a non-negotiable for most people. If you want to tell him that you think he's too good for you, you'll achieve that simply by contuing to act insecurely. Good luck, hon! I'm sure you're being way harder on yourself than you need to be. Enjoy yourself and let it roll! :)