Should I tell my guy I cheated?

I have been dating this guy for close to 10 months now and I love him to death and everything is great. except earlier in our relationship he went out of town to work, and I got with one of his best friends. He doesn't know, and never will unless I tell him...I feel bad but I don't want to loose him . should I just keep quiet?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• "He doesn't know, and never will unless I tell him"

You seem way too confident about that, I wouldn't be that sure. You'll be amazed of the impact alcohol has on a person honesty :P.

I think you should be honest, and tell him. Most likely he won't forgive you, but he deserves better anyway.

What Guys Said 3

• If he cheated on you, would you want him to tell you...?

• Yes tell him it will give him a free card to sleep with other girls he will love you for it.

• If you tell him he won't trust you, probably break up, or even things out cheat with someone else, if you want to end it then tell him, if you want to keep seeing him then don't guys are less likely to forgive and stay..

What Girls Said 3

• First question is how early in the relationship did this happen? I understand it takes two people, but it also matters who initiated it. His friend is not a friend to have slept with you!

BUT, because it was a while ago and everything is good with you guys, why ruin something good when it happened so long ago.

If you tell him and the two of you stay together, he will want to know who what when and where and when he is out of town will be uneasy about it.

Nothing good will come of telling him now or later, if your guilt can subside and you can go on with the relationship and not let it get in the way then do so!

Telling him you will lose a boyfriend yes and he will lose a friend who was not much of a friend at all, so just think about the consequences if you tell him.

• You should have told him way earlier. Like right after it happened. Since it's been ten months I personally wouldn't tell. Either way your kind of screwed. If you really loved him I don't think you would have cheated, but that's my personal opinion.

• well. I wouldn't tell him because this means a loss of a boyfriend and he will loose his best friend. maybe tell him a little later.