Why don’t I want to hate my ex?

I dated him for 1.7 years. Then I found out he had been cheating since basically a year, in a sense. He would flirt with other girls online, and he would sext on girl in particular. It has been 4 months since I found out. The pain has lessened and i am currently dating a really amazing and wonderful guy. He makes it easier for me to forgive my ex because my new boyfriend brings a lot of good to my life. However, my ex hurt me sooo badly. And sadly, I still care for him (my feelings have been lessening over time, and I know I could never date him again/don’t want to). However, despite the anger I feel, I don’t want to hate him. I wish we could have ended on good terms and happy terms, or not ended at all. I still have him blocked on everything. However, my cousin who used to hangout with us, told me my ex “super-liked” her on tinder. At first I was angry and jealous and wanted to tell him to back off. But, now I am calm and even happy for him. A part of me understands he human and shouldn’t suffer. But, then another part of me has seen the ugly and hurtful and manipulative and cruel side of him when we dated. He lied to me and made me feel so crazy with him! Is it normal to feel conflicted from experiencing compassion/empathy and hate/anger for him? I just want to not feel anything towards him!
Why don’t I want to hate my ex?
Add Opinion