Why after 6 years does my ex still hate me/block me?

My ex dumped me about 6 years ago, the breakup wasn't good, he was quite emotianlly abusive throughout the relationship and i went a tad on the crazy side when he dumped me via facebook messenger. Well he blocked me on facebook years ago and i have all but forgotten about it (not going to lie, i do think of him sometimes as he was my first love and i never thought i could feel that way about someone) So anyway, he remains 'friends' with my brother on facebook till this day, though my brother said the last time they spoke was almost a year ago. So, about 1 month ago i opened a instagram account, when signing up i notice his (my exs) profile as he is connected to my brother there too (he follows my brother but my brother doesn't follow him) I click on his page, see its a private one with no posts anyway, so i click out and forget about it. A few weeks later my curiosity gets the better of me and i look again, only to find out he has blocked me! Just to put it into context, i have done nothing to warrant it, i havnt messaged him, havnt emailed him, havnt done anything. I didn't even know he knew about my instagram profile as its quite a obsure one anyway. Why after 6 years is he still acting that way, there was litrally nothing for him to gain by blocking me except just well.. hurting me. I know after 6 years i shuldnt care and blablabla, but i do. Can anyone shed any light on this? maybe help me try to understand it. I mean if i was asking to follow him and still annoying him i could understand, but the last time i messaged him was 2 years ago asking him to make good on a lot of money i lent him (he never did) I know he used to use social media as a weapon as he was always (punishing) his friends by defriending them if they pissed him off. Just why? why not remain indifferent? espically when there was not much to gain by blocking me anyway. urgh, i feel blue, any help would be great, thanks
Why after 6 years does my ex still hate me/block me?
Add Opinion