Update on trying to get back with my ex-girlfriend. Did I do the right thing?

Just posting an update on my last posts. It's been months with very small talk...and really short. Just trying not to break contact with her (its not like she lives close, or hangs out)...and I told her I didn't care about the distance...who would when you would do anything to be with the one you love. I don't want to play games like that. But the more time that passes the more I realize that she is the love of my life and I had to say something to her. We did small talk on face book earlier today while she was at work. So I didn't want to say anything serious, while she's working. So anyway, I wrote her an email. Stating how beautiful she is and how I know that she is the love of my life. I asked her to give this another shot and that I want a serious relationship with her. There was more to the email, but that is the main point. Anyway, I don't know if I have should of sent her that. But I told her exactly how I feel and that she deserved to know. I also asked her if we can talk in person or on the phone/internet at least. She didn't respond yet. Well.. I guess I am asking if there is any hope that she will respond, or that she might change her mind? I didn't want to wait to tell her, and I really think that she deserved to know. I just hope I didn't screw up any chance that we might of had of being together. I don't want her to think that I am weird/crazy/desperate. I told her that it was how I feel, and I am thinking 100% clear...which is true. I don't overflow emails/texts/calls to her, but it's going on months and I don't want to play the waiting/no contact game.

It is funny how life works...It sucks so bad that the love of your life, might not ever want to be with you. Or maybe can move on so easily each day, while I am falling more in love with her each day. The pain is the most unbearable...and when I am feeling better, my feelings for her are no different then when I am down.

So what do you guys and girls think? Did I do the right thing? What could she possibly be thinking or feeling right now? Why won't she at least talk to me in a serious way, about our feelings? (I know I only wrote to her earlier today, but I wrote her a letter about a week ago...but it just wasn't quite what I wanted to say). And also advice on what else I can do will be helpful.

Links to my past posts: girlsaskguys.com/Break-Up-Questions/312907-in-love-and-need-advice-to-get-my-ex-girl-back.html

.girlsaskguys.com/Break-Up-Questions/305425-should-i-try-to-win-her-back-and-how.html

11

What Girls Said 1

• Well from reading what you have put below, her saying she might have feelings for someone else SHOULD be enough for you to leave her alone.

When she says "might" she means she does. At least she is being honest, although I am sure that hurts like hell.

She probably still does have feelings for you, but I'm not sure whether she is going to reply to your email. I still think you did the right thing by emailing her though. Because at least you know you have tried BUT you should just leave it at that... try and move on with your life. I know it's going to be difficult, I'm going through a break up right now too and it's not easy, but you have to think about YOU now.

• I know...but It's really hard. It's not just one of those flings that will pass. I keep telling myself it's all in my head but, it doesn't work, and it probably makes it worse. If there is no way I can have her back, and I come to this conclusion, it's the only thing the might make me feel better...at least maybe I can begin to move on. Although I don't think my feelings for her will ever change. I just want a real conversation with her..why is that so much to ask her?

• Yeah I understand what you're feeling. I've felt like that before. Can't eat, sleep, concentrate. Even crashed my car I was thinking about my ex so much. But you get over it.

Your feelings will change. The only way your feelings won't change is if you don't let them. Don't sit around thinking about her... whenever you think about her; do something that will take your mind off it.

If she doesn't reply to you, leave it.

What Guys Said 1

• Sorry don't know the back story here... how long ago did the relationship end and why did she end it?

• I think you can view my older posts, but the relationship ended about 3 months ago. I felt she was being distant maybe about 2 months before that. She said she was being honest...that she might have feelings for a guy in her hometown...states away...that called her about the time she was being distant (they haven't spoke in 10 years she said)...and problems with her family she needed to deal with. She said she loved me and maybe one day we can be together. Not sure what to make of it all.

• If you didn't post anonymously then we could check your profile to see past questions. However, since you posted anonymously that feature isn't available.

I think you're desperately trying to hold onto something that's already gone. The more you try and pour your heart out to her the more creepy/annoying/desperate she's going to think you are. I know it's hard, but I really think it's time to come to grips with this relationship being over and it being time to move on.

• Here are the links to my past posts. link

link