My boy wants to be left alone?

If a guy says he wants to be left alone for reasons not pertaining to you...what could it be? He says he'll be back? I know he has depression, could that be it?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Depression is almost certainly the reason. I've suffered from it for the past ten years or so and I've spent the better part of those last ten years alone. I've pushed away and hurt the people I love because of it.

Be aware that this isn't your fault. You did not cause this. Let him have his alone time for now but he needs help. He can't fight it on his own. If he isn't already he needs to see somebody about this.

What Guys Said 2

• It isn't about you!

Guys get depressed; sometimes its because of medical conditions: bi-polar for one.

Even crowds trigger the need to be alone; overload is what happens.

You'll just have to believe him that the reason(s) are not related to you, and respect that boundary --- or you'll lose him forever.

• Could be depression. I have it and when it gets really bad I just need to be alone - too much going on around me and it becomes overwhelming. Even if I really care about the person, I need time away from them. Its also related to stress. One thing as well, I find it very frustrating when I want to be left alone and people still try and be around me

What Girls Said 3

• It could be. Whenever I'd slip into a depressive state, I'd withdraw from everyone.. for many reasons. I just didn't want to have to talk to anyone. I also didn't want to interact with people I cared about because for one, I just didn't have the interest to, as bad as that sounds, but also because I knew that I was always so on edge that I'd snap and say hurtful things to them when they did nothing wrong.

• this. it could also just be stress. I say give him from space for a couple days. if after that he is still not wanting to be around you than the chances are good it is depression

• That happens to me a lot!

I'm not doing anything wrong and he always says " I Just want to be left alone." I say okay and back off it usually wares off in like an hour he is probably just depressed trying to make a hard desition...

you are not doing anything wrong.

• he just has issues