Competition: He likes me, but he's got a female best friend?

I met a guy a month ago that told me recently he likes me.

But I found out from his best friend who is also a close friend of mine that he's also got feelings for a female best friend of his, and I've got to compete with a girl that has a history with him for many years, and I just met him. His friend told me that he'd probably run back to me in a week as I'm the better looking (O_o), but still, I feel offended being second to her.

He doesn't know I know any of this, and he still believes that I'm willing to give him a chance. He didn't want me to know, and he planned that if she doesn't like him, he'd go back to me. I wish I knew this earlier since now, I've got a crush on him, and I'm feeling really hurt by all this, all the while pretending that I'm happy.

Any advice on what I should do?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Dont go there. You don't need to be second best. There are guys out there who will treat you like you're everything to them, so wait for those guys, and ditch this one. Even if he chose you, he would probably end up leaving you or cheating on you for this girl, cause like you said, they have a history. Its just going to be more painful if you give it a chance.

• This is what I needed to hear but didn't want to admit myself. :) Thank you!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!