Is it normal to not be feeling your relationship?

So, I broke up with a boy I was seeing last night, i told him that i didn't want to continue and wished him the best because i thought i needed to be honest about how I was feeling.

When he questioned me about it, I said it wasn't the right time for me but the real reason was that something wasn't right and I couldn't put my finger on it - my gut was telling me to end it and I just wasn't comfortable at all in the situation as in I felt anxious, not eating etc.

He would be really kind and considerate but he was getting too intense too quickly - For example, 4 days into us talking, he would say "waking up beside you would be so much easier" and "I think I could fall in love with you" but he had not even asked about my life yet? He didn't know anything about me.

So my question is, did I do the right thing? and why wasn't I feeling that relationship? is that normal?
1
1