PLEASE HELP!!! I have a serious question about my breakup!! Am I being stringed along// back up plan?

My boyfriend and I broke up about 2 1/2 weeks ago. While we discussed our break up , he stated that we needed some space, he wanted to gets his life in order and we’ll be back together in a few months. (A 3rd party creates drama in our relationship) I agreed.. but was still devastated. The day after the break up he called and said he doesn’t want me to fall out of love with him,
And he knows that we’re going to end up back together.

We had limited contact for the next week or so with him saying the same type of things and whatnot. I really don’t want to be stringed along so I cut off contact. His phone is currently off so he can only receive calls and text ( so he really isn’t going out of his way to contact me).

** side note - he has a second phone but he refuses to call me off it. And this was a phone I found out he had been talking to his female “friends” and ex. But also uses it for working on people’s cars. ( it is still on btw)

I questioned him about the female “friends” and ex but he says it’s nothing like that or denies any communication with the ex (which is a lie..) He says he’s really trying to get his stuff together, and he knows me and him will be back together and stronger then ever. He also told me “you’ll see I’m not lying” ( about us reconciling). But I do know he is in a real financial bind... with bills and etc.

So the question is... is he trying to string me along? Am I a back up plan? Is he being honest or is it a excuse for him to play for the summer and come back later?
1
0