Cheating ex said I’m being “too harsh”?

Long story short, he cheated on me several times by sexting another girl (sending pics and dirty messages). I found out about it. I broke up with him, because even though we tried to work through it, it was clear to me that he didn’t think what he did was THAT bad. He made me seem like i was overreacting. Anyways. It has been 4 months now. He reached out to me asking about my life. I felt uncomfortable and told him not to reach out. I explained to him “you didn’t care about me enough when we dated, don’t act like you care for me now”.

He then replied with, “i try and be a decent human being and this is what happens in return.” Then he added “holy crap! You act like I killed someone in your family, or i raped you, or i committed a crime! All I did was send messages to another girl when i was mad or upset with you! And i admitted to it. It was a mistake”.

I don’t see how that’s a mistake? Also he didn’t fully admit to it, i had to find out and tell him i knew. Even then he tried to deny it!

I don’t think I’m overreacting. It’s not just the sexting, it’s the lying and breach of trust!!
Cheating ex said I’m being “too harsh”?
1
1