If your guy or girl cheated on you, would you still love them?

Just wondering. My guy's ex girlfriend cheated on him and he still loved her and wanted her. He still talks fondly of her.

If your guy or girl cheated on your more than once, maybe with multiple people and for 9 months or so while you are living with them... would you still be madly in love with them and talk fondly of them?

• Yes, love is through thick and thin.
  • No, I can't love someone who is so mean to me.

1610

Most Helpful Girl

• there should have been an option 'i would still love him but dump him anyway'

• your answer is the best answer because I think that's what most people are saying! Great job.

• @Shaun, greata comment!

• Exactly. I could never trust them again. If you don't have trust, then you shouldn't be together.

What Guys Said 10

• more than once, with multiple people and for 9 months while living with them?

that would be retarded, any sane person would be out the door.

• that's what I thought. But my guy and a lot of my friends were like this with their relationships. So it was kind of shocking to me that they would do that. I wouldn't have.

• one chance. that's it. and if they did want to get back together. we wouldn't be dating. we'd be friends until she could prove that I can trust her.

but yes, unless she told me that she didn't love me back, I would still care for her deeply (kind of a sucker like that)

• Probs, but I'd also dump them.

• I would love her but I would try to assess if she still loved me and if she would rather be with her one night fling - or me. The choice is hers. I will bow out peacefully if the answer isn't me.

• love them yes. want to be with them no.

• interesting. I have a friend who is 27 and been with his ex 6 years, she also cheated on him multiple times and left him for another guy. He and her are best friends. Another one of my girlfriends had a boyfriend since she was 15 for 6 years and he cheated on her and inpregnated 2 girls, and she loves him like a brother. But she is engaged to someone new now. But yes, both my friends still love their ex whom cheated on them with multiple people for years!

• exactly. its really really hard to actually stop loving someone. and the fact that you love them is what makes them cheating hurt the most... and I wouldn't wanna be with them because of the pain of thinking about it...

• no way, my mom cheated on my dad when I was around 10 and they got a divorce. my family was broken apart because of cheating and I can't stand for that ever

• Hell no...I've never been betrayed in this way (or I hope not) but I don't think I could handle it at all, outside of marriage. If it's my wife we're talking about I think I might try and salvage the relationship. But even that would be hard obviously, I'm not Jesus Christ lol

• Absolutely NOT.

• If I really loved someone, and they cheated on me, of course I'd forgive them. Everyone f***s up. Nobody is perfect.

• yah but you definetely don't want to be a walking mat and be "used". I'm sure if your partner continues it you will start to feel "used" wouldn't you? I mean, no one is perfect but man... if I'm treated with such disrespect I would leave. That's just me. Great for you thought.

• y would you steel love some one that cheated on you with some guy or girl if they did it once and get a way with it y would keep them around

What Girls Said 15

• Thick and thin doesn't mean "I'll stick by your side and be loyal to you, meanwhile you treat me like sh*t and betray my trust." I've been in this situation, and I left. If I had the chance to do it all over again, I'd do exactly the same. I can't look at someone the same again who has disregarded my feelings and completely betrayed my trust. Much less continue to be in a relationship with someone.

Some things I just have to draw the line on.. and that sh*t doesn't fly.

• yeah, I don't think I can stand being cheated by someone either. So I agree with you and what you did. I would do the same if I was cheated on, I would leave.

• I would still love them. But I would feel betrayed and lose trust in them, and depending on the situation, there's a good chance I would not stay with them.

• if he loved me enough, he wouldn't cheat, but if he did, I guess he didn't

• I would still love them because you can't stop loving someone from day to night but I would be really pissed and crushed. I would never forgive him and would never give him a second chance. Because once he betrayed my trust he lost everything.

• Okay I've cheated in a way one and I've been cheated on MANY times. No I don't believe the one chance rule or id be a hypocrite. I think that if they apologize sincerely then you can get past it. My ex boyfriend cheated on me 4 times..now THATS wrong but I'm a fool and let him back in my life. We did get past it however.My situation is also a little different because as of now he's about 600 miles away from me so you can only imagine how hard it is.

• It's hard to just turn your feelings off for someone - especially if you do love them. Even though you may love someone you also have to love yourself enough not to get used and abused. There is nothing wrong with remembering the good times, but I have always had the thought that if someone can cheat on you repeatedly then how real and meaningful was the relationship to that person in the first place?

• I would drop him in a second. If he knows you'll leave for good. The less likely he is to cheat.*

*Unless he really doesn't love you, he'll cheat on you to get rid of you.

• No.I would feel extremely disgusted and I would lose respect towards him.No, I would never ever forgive cheating.If someone betrays my trust then it's over.No second chances on this matter.

• I have to say B, but I wouldn't necessarily stop loving him. It would be a really tough situation.

• a part of me may still love them but I couldn't stay with them.

• I would dump the person obviously because I know that I never would deserve that and I'd never do such a horrible thing to my partner but lets face it, real love doesn't just disappear over night.

• I might still love him. But that doesn't mean I'll still be with him.

• I think you need to dump your boyfriend... He can't love you while he's still in love with her

• It depends on how strong our relationship was,if it lasted for a long time then yes I would love/hate him but wouldn't get back with him.

• They have cheated on me, and I still love them..