Should I not contact him for a while? What's the best strategy?

I want my ex boyfriend back. I'm pretty sure he's in a rebound relationship at the moment. He got with her extra quickly and then complained about her appearance. He's not attracted to her. He's too scared to get back with me. Were a big risk.

Anyway, I want him back and I'm considering not contacting him till his birthday which is in 30 days. Then, I'll ask him how life's going and have a friendly conversation.

Is this a good idea? Is this the correct way if going about getting him back?

(I'm pretty sure he still loves me like I do him so I'm going to fight for him)

Have any strategies worked for you? X

66

Most Helpful Girl

• DON"T contact him! If he comes to you, that will tell you right there how he really feels. You oboviously still love and care about him to already have a plan to contact him in 30 days. Disappear from his radar completely. He's already doin his own thing. If it were me, he wouldn't even be a thought in my mind. Let him go. If he truly misses you and wants to work it out with you. he'll come to you. Guaranteed. Just never let him know you'll be available to him at the drop of a hat. You gotta be stronger than that.

• Thanks :) Lucky for me, I'm crushing right now. Obviously, I don't want a rebound but he's super hot and my minds filled with instead of my ex. It's a great distraction.

• My comment was cut short...lol. I wanted to say good for You! Keep distracted, have fun! You go girl! His loss, your gain! ;-)

What Guys Said 6

• If I was you imma guy going through the same problem.. My girlfriend of 10 months just up and left me I didn't do anything wrong. I was always their for her and gave her the world. She recently said she love me and want to be with me. But If I was you I wouldn't wait because as time passes you are slowly leaving his mind and heart and I'm a guy if a girl don't call or text me it make me feel like you moved on and don't care.. So I woudnt wait. But do what's best for you.

• i would try to talk to him but be careful about letting him know how you really feel. it will make him want you so much more if he is under the impression that you can do just fine without him especially if he is dating a rebound. my ex torments me all the time like that even tho I still know she isn't happy in her relationship

• Thank you. Yes, I intend to get on with my own life and just live it. When the time is right, I want to try get him back x

• Come to his house while he's asleep & kidnap him. If he wakes up, knock him out with a pan or something. Keep him tied up to your bed so you can use him anytime you want. Just don't let his girlfriend find out or she might come knockin.

• Look,don't just fall in love with your ex like that. See you have to go out to parties and meet other people because I do believe that there's better people out there.

• Im a guy and this happened to me...just wait and be patient if he wants to talk to you let him and talk like a friend if he starts talking about getting back together don't immediately latch on but don't push it away...kinda go with the flow...it worked for me :)

• I have to ask you first, how did you get into this relationship with him anyway?

Did you have to jump through a fiery hoop with twirling blades underneath, or did you expect him to do that?

• Or did you just get him for Christmas or your birthday or something?

• Yeah, everyone else can do it so easy like that. But I try, and I can't even be friends with girls. Just friends. It's their fault.

• Not that it has any relevance to my question but just try it x

What Girls Said 5

• Every single boyfriend (about 6 of them) in the last 5 years (after my divorce) has contacted me to see if he had a chance to get back together with me, but I have not in every case. These relationships lasted anywhere from 3 months to 2 years. They were all different; one only wanted a temporary relationship, one was a commitment-phobe, one was an alcoholic, one was abusive, one was a common jerk, another just disappeared after a few months (I didn’t pursue, I let him go). Each time I saw that they were not right for me, I did not contact any of them afterward even though it may have hurt like hell. It took them from a couple weeks to 6 months (2 of them) to contact me. One said he realized the err of his ways and begged me to date him again. Another sent me flowers & movie tickets. One said he wanted to talk. Another asked me out again (even after living with me for 2 years and moving out). People, men included, are all different, but the rule works in my case. I have a lot to offer, I’m pretty, and have a good heart. I did make mistakes, acted insecure, and threw fits sometimes. And still they returned.

• Don't beg him to come back. Boys hate that. You have to act like the break up was no big deal. But let him know you're sad he's gone.

• Talk to guy on here to get your mind off it.

Or you could study or pick up extra hours at work.

• that idea might work .. Go for it girl !

• I am in the same situation. Except I broke up with my ex over trust issues. They are issues that would have to change if I went back to him. But having said that, I would not contact him. Give him time to think about you and miss you. GIve him time to think about why he dated you in the first place. If he does contact you be nice, friendly and keep it short. You know what they say distance makes the heart grow fonder.

• Thanks :)

It's a horrid situation isn't it? When I saw them together, I wanted to throw up and cry.

Does your ex have a rebound? I'm pretty sure that's all it is. I really need a plan to get him back.

He's so stubborn and doesn't like risks. I need to break him down x

• OHHH yes, my ex has a rebound. In fact he text me the morning he asked her our how much he loved me and wanted me back. then he text me that night, that he was dating her. He still text me that he missed me and loves me, while sending her 6 page love letters...so I have decided not to really talk to him. I love him, but hate his behavior.