I feel depressed after my ex-girlfriend left me, someone please help?

Hey all, about 4 months ago my girlfriend broke up with me after about 4-5 months of being together. These past 4 months have been a rollercoaster of emotions for me, obviously I felt sad and depressed the first month after the breakup, but I stuck with my gym routine that Im passionate about, and had several friends help me cope with my breakup. My breakup was abrupt and came out of nowhere, I truly did not know what I did wrong and I still dont know what I did to cause this. From what I can understand and from what I know from my ex, is that she dumped me because she was not used to having a healthy relationship with someone such as me, someone that cared for her and actually helped her with her mental problems she has.(depression). I loved her so much that I wanted to help her with these issues, I even made a journal on how to date someone with these problems, I was dedicated to loving her. But then she dumped me. Completely out of nowhere, she decided that being in a healthy relationship with me was not what she wanted, and she left me feeling broken, made me feel useless and worthless. A couple weeks after the the breakup she sent me hurtful messages saying she is better without me after getting drunk at a party, making me feel worse even though she was the one who dumped ME. She left me to go back toher abusive ex that she told me countless stories about the horrors that he did to her. We had so much in common, I felt like we were best friends while also in a relationship and I was the happiest I have ever been, but now I am a shell of my former self. I used to always be the funnest and happiest guy in my friend group, although I was usually the single one, but now I am so depressed that Im almost a different person... There have been girls that have shown interest in me, and I have been on a couple dates since the breakup, but none of these girls compare to my ex, she was in my eyes the perfect girl for me, but Im not sure if this is because she was my first
1
1