Why do people turn so nasty after a break up?

I personally try to be nice and a friend after. Every girl I dated has turned into a huge bitch after.
The last one I dated for 6 months. After we broke up she turned nasty and made our friends shun me. Only the girls did the guys stopped hanging with her. For 3 months she was a huge bitch constantly bilugging me putting herself in my path. Poking me insulting me. So one time I had enough and told her to stop firmly in a loud voice in the hall way of our 30 person church group. 24 of them in the hallway heard and looked. She kept poking me and she insulted me and slapped me in the face.
I saw red and yelled at her told her to stop being a huge pain trying to piss me off and constantly bugging me.
She instantly took the victim slapped herself and raced into the room where we were. To the 5 poeple in there she cried saying what a huge jerk. She knew I was so terrible and awful. That she just had to bring it out. Screaming how I slapped her. The 5 people in there bought it.
The rest were clapping for me in the hall. the next week the 5 were fulled in and she was never looked at the same. The last time I saw her there. She walked by turned and said she knew I was an Bayard and she showed every one but they denied it and now shun her. What church does that to an abused girl. With that she said I'm leaving and I smiled and said good. Along with telling her to drop the fake victim card.

So why do people suddenly chance so much and so awful. Even when it is not a huge or bad break up?
1
1