What is the best way to get over a guy that you have to work with?

How do you get over being heartbroken by a guy you have to see at work? I can’t get a new job and can’t move departments. I can’t avoid him, I have to talk to him when I’m at work because he’s part of my team.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Restrict conversations to business only and don't look at him unless there is a reason to.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Good advice thank you

• This is exactly what I do but it takes quite some self control. It also depends on how much attraction is triggered simply from seeing them.

• Oh there is a lot of attraction! That’s what got me into this mess in the first place! 😂😂

Most Helpful Girls

• Try and keep the discussions work related only. Remove the personal side. Don’t ask him how he is doing, etc. try to work together through email as much as possible and getting someone to talk to him about any work issues. it’s going to be hard but the sooner you can separate your feelings the faster you will heal. And it may be a good thing to start looking for another job.

1|1
    0|0
  • Thats hard. I can't even imagine what you must be goung through

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• You just have to pretend that you never dated seriously you know you just have to start role-playing basically and don't laugh back into well maybe we're wrong you know just go just do your work that's basically the best

2|0
    0|0
    • I like this answer. Thank you

• Why can't you get another job? Never make reasons or excuses for your situation if it's less than desirable. Take responsibility for your life and you can be in control of it. Then you won't be able to blame circumstances or others and will be more likely to take action for the better.

0|0
    0|0
    • This job fits in perfectly around my kids. Why should I leave a job I love when I didn’t do anything wrong other than fall in love with a guy who made me think he felt the same way in the beginning? It was him who ended it purely for no other reason than he couldn’t handle his emotions

• Show All
    • Like I stated before, its not easy to find another job that will fit you so quickly. Just be adults.

• I was just making a point. He shouldn't tell you to get another job. Stay at your job and be the bigger presence is all. Things get awkward if you allow them to. Act like things are normal and they will stay normal.

• Best way to get over one partner is to get under another one. Preferably where the ex can see it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Like your thinking but the only other guy I would be able to do this with is my boss and I’m pretty sure it would end badly for me 😂😂

• Try thinking of him the same way you think of other people that work with you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Being heartbroken is pretty vague.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have sex with someone else

0|0
    1|0
  • be friends with hi m

0|0
    0|0
    • We tried that. I’ve walked away, I can’t just be his friend because he doesn’t let me try to get over him. He keeps doing just enough to keep me ‘hanging on’ & it’s making me miserable.

• l understand

• one of you two will quit your job

0|0
    0|0
    • Hopefully him, I’m not going anywhere!

• Have faith... no body has to go anywhere. Sometimes relationship can end up not so great, but you have to realize both parties are adults, right. It can even better if no one in the work place knows your business. No one needs to get involved, that's what makes it worse.

• Say hi to me

0|0
    0|0
  • Find a hookup

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Ignore and tune him out for the most part when it allows while working and keep convo work related and don't let it veer off if he trys, just continue to ignore them and don't even respond to comments unless work related type bit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try not to think about him and when you are at work try to distance yourself for him so that you can heal and get over him, and focus on your work or think about something else rather than him and not look at him

0|0
    0|0
  • Work place is the work place, leave all personal feels outside the door. Many hold grudges be you have to be the better person and keep it under control. In today's times we can't afford to get fired or move to another job so quickly. And this is always the key.. You are a mature adult, you can be cordial.

0|0
    0|0
  • Time. Be distant but remain professional.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to keep your distance dont look his way.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes