How did you move on from your ex-lover?

How'd you guys move on from your ex-lover? Why did you guys break up? And even if you moved on, do you still think about them?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• I broke up with my Ex's for different individual reasons, but all under the same premise, none of us had the same goal in the long run, which is why the break-ups went so smoothly. I still think about some of them, and I'm still very good friends with some of them, because we had a lot in common, that's why we went out, but the long term goals didn't match up. I even introduce my current girlfriend to my ex girlfriends, and they all get along great because they have a lot in common because I only date one type of woman. I get forwarded text messages from my girlfriend of funny pictures that my ex's sent to HER, and its not a problem at all. Sometimes when we go to a party, my girl asks if one of my ex's will be there, and when I say no, she gets a dissapointed look on her face! She looks forward to seeing them again! I'm also really good friends with the guys that my ex's are dating too, which makes things that much easier, I'll go out on a guys night with them, while my girlfriend goes on a girls night with all my ex's, its a really unique situation, but if you can swing it, MAKE IT HAPPEN! It might be the most awesome thing ever.

What Guys Said 1

• I got over my ex-girlfriends, and pretty much any girl I've dated, by knowing that I just wouldn't make them happy anymore if we stayed together, therefore they were going to make me unhappy. My ex's wanted it all -- marriage, children, white picket fence. I didn't want any of those three things. Though we were happy together, sexually and intimate. But such things were not going to last forever with them, so it was time to move on.

What Girls Said 3

• My ex broke up with me to be with someone else. At first I was really angry because he lied about her so he could string me along in case things didn't work out... which they didn't. He ended up coming back to me, but only because he didn't want to be alone. At some point I realized I was better then this and I was better off single.

I started a new job, made new friends and started focusing on myself. I kept myself busy and it made moving on much easier. Now I don't really think about him, and if I do its not in the way I used to.

• Time. We broke up because he didn't want to hurt me. I haven't really moved on, and still think about it often. But it's happened before too, and you just gotta wait it out. Don't force new relationships, but go out and have fun! :)

• I spent a lot of time with my friends after the break up. I broke up with him because we had different plans in our immediate future- he was planning to move abroad and I wanted to get my Master's. There are times when I think about him and I get bummed out. It's hard because he was my first love.