What are pros ands cons of?

What are pros and cons of keeping the baby.
What are pros and cons of telling the father

I'm about 12 weeks pregnant and have no idea what to do and I'm generally scared about this situation. Im Just going from high school on June 22nd next Friday. Then I haven't decided what I'm doing after.
Updates:
The guy I slept with , does now have an girlfriend and they are so cute together and happy.
I don't think I can do an abortion , and I'm leaving in about 15 minutes to tell the father about the baby

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Pros: abortions are hard on your body and can even impact future fertility (childbirth obviously being hard on your body too).
    Adopting the child to a family is an option but is a surprisingly hard thing to do emotionally.
    You get to bring a new person into the world.
    Baby daddy could pull through and really be helpful for you.

Cons:
    If you keep it its one hell of a commitment.
    Baby daddy could freak out before he comes round, some dont cone round.

I 100% would tell him, its his kid too after all though to me you get final say. If it was me Id be pretty upset if I found out years later and likely wouldn't be able to trust you again.

0|0
    1|0
    • Really why would it be bad for future fertility, I don't think I could do the abortion.

Maybe he could or he could listen to his girlfriend ,

Maybes he won't come through and if I keep him/her I'll be alone

• Show All
    • I will have friends and family and the guys help as well.

I talked to the guy and told him about me being pregnant and he said he would help me through the pregnancy and when the baby is born as well. He said he would help me buy some of the stuff for the baby. If decided to keep the baby or not ,

He will help me even if his girlfriend doesn't want me around, if she doesn't then she is not a good girlfriend

• Agreed if I had a kid and my girlfriend was super negative about it my kid would come first too.

It sounds like youve got a pretty good support network in place, you are lucky in that sense.

• Keeping or not;
    Pro: You can use it to control the father
    Con: You don't want the baby for personal reasons.
    Tell father or not;
    Pros: To get financial aid, tie him down, take his money, more time for you.
    cons: If he doesn't care your plan failed.

0|0
    1|2
    • Why would I want to control the father , and what about personal reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think what your doing is right! The father does deserve to know. And i admire you for not leaning towards abortion its really something that you and the father should discuss but adoption is always on the table even if itll be hard. OR if you are up to it and it will make life a little harder and you'll have to work hard you can keep the baby and find an amazing guy down the road

0|1
    0|0
    • I don't think I could be able to do an abortion , I think we are leaning towards keeping him/her

• Thats exciting! I hope everything works out for you and the little baby

• Yeah , it just , thank you

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah should tell the father. It's as much his child as yours. The child ought to have a chance of a relationship with both parents.
    As for whether you keep it. Again, you don't know what support act you'll be getting until you speak with the father. You need to do some soul searching, make up your mind soon

0|1
    0|0
    • The baby daddy has a gr and she can be a bitch about this and make something up or

• Show All
    • Good luck with it.
      Give him time to process, you dont need to definitively decide anything today

• Yeah we have a while to decide

• Pros: A baby can be a joy to have. You’ll probably have a wonderful relationship with it.
    Cons: It’s hard work raising a kid, no matter what age you are, but especially as a teenager. You’ll probably have to put off school or work for a bit.

That’s off the top of my head. It seems like you’re leaning towards keeping the baby, so I would tell the father and see how he takes it. I hope it all works out for you.

0|1
    0|0
    • Ended up telling the father and mother yeah we are leaning towards keeping him/her. I just graduated from high school actually. I don't know what I want to do after.

• I talked to the guy and told him about me being pregnant and he said he would help me through the pregnancy and when the baby is born as well. He said he would help me buy some of the stuff for the baby. If decided to keep the baby or not ,

He will help me even if his girlfriend doesn't want me around, if she doesn't then she is not a good girlfriend and his ex girlfriend does not want him to be part of the baby life , so he broke up with her.

He and I are going to try and see , how close we can give close to each other without moving out far from town

• You've probably already told him. There's always the option of adoption. There are literally thousands of couples and families looking to adopt. Its a very noble option. I think many agencies will help you through the whole process.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only you know the father and what that might entail

You DO need to know that pregnancy and childbearing is NOT free of risk.

A child will change your life forever. That said, an abortion will likely affect your life forever.
    You need to decide for yourself if you are actually ready for this, and what the plan is.

0|0
    0|0
    • We will went to have an baby but he does have an girlfriend and she can be a bitch about this

• You need to tell the father immediately! no ifs, ands, or buts

0|0
    0|0
    • But he has an girlfriend and can be a bitch about this and make up something

• Consult your parents and tell the father of The child... he should share the responsibility

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell the dad decide togther easy

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell the father first

0|0
    0|0
    • Abortion would have been good since looking at your age but you're already 12 months in, I still think you should let the father know about it all

• Show All
    • Awwww that's so cute and mature of him to say , it's good you talked to him, isn't it? I wish you the best of luck with your pregnancy and if you need any moral support or advice be sure to hit me up 😊🖖 have a nice life ahead

• Yeah it is , yeah I guess , oh thank you.

What Girls Said 2

• Well you need to tell the father, he has a right to know, it’s his child too.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah well he has an girlfriend and she would make something up about this

• you get to be a momma! go girlfrriend!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes