Guys, how would you feel if your girlfriend did this? Am I in the wrong?

Guys, say you were with a girl for 3 years. She was a great girl, innocent type, 100% loyal to you and would do anything for you but she found out on social media that you had been seeing/flirting with other girls on the side and so she ended things with you with no explanation, how would you feel? This happened to me, and i dont think he deserves an explanation. He asked why i was ending things and what happened and i told him that “it doesn't matter and not to worry about it”. He knows what he's done and i dont feel the need to have to explain to him what he did. Am i being crazy immature and wrong? I genuinely want to know if im in the wrong so i can fix it and do whats right. Please no mean comments

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I think you're justified in breaking up with him, but I fail to understand why you so adamantly refuse to tell him why you did so.

It would take you less than a minute to text "I dumped you because I found out you were flirting with other girls." Simple. There is a small chance that it was a misunderstanding, in which case you could salvage your relationship. Even if that's not the case, you would both get closure. If he knew why you ended things, he might even change his ways--so he doesn't hurt any other girls in the future.

You have much to gain and little to lose. The only reason not to give him an explanation is pettiness. He is absolutely in the wrong, but that doesn't mean you need to be childish too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Is this for real flirting or online? I personally think all this online sexting is bull and means nothing until you meet. I don't have a belief that online crap is nothing real. But I do agree that social norms like respecting loyalty is important. i guess that if it was
    online was it real.

0|0
    0|0
    • Its online and in real life with the same girls :(

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• you have the right to do whatever you want. through the decision you took, it seems that you don't want to disturb your mind about the drama of breakup, and that's entirely your right.
    since you mentioned that he knows what he did, there's no need to look back.

0|1
    0|0
  • You should get his side of the story. I've seen lots of my friends relationships break up for no reasons such as mistake or minor thing but there is no communication. Try communicating or break up because you are too immature to communicate in a relationship and shouldn't be with anyone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Three years is long time to not give an explanation at least, I understand that’s a hard convo but you at least should let him have a say whatever that might be to give you and him some closure if that’s the end.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not explaining is one thint but telling him not to worry about it is definitely wrong. How is he supposed to "know if he's in the wrong so he can fix it and do what's right"?
    Also there's nothing wrong with. "seeing" other girls. I don't know how much flirting was actually involved in this flirting part but are you sure you don't want to try save things?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a good idea to offer that explanation, not to give him closure, but to make him realize that he wasn't good enough for you. A conversation about it could lead to you knowing why he was looking somewhere else, but for the most part it was just because she was hot, guys don't cheat because of some profound reason like women do.

0|0
    0|0
  • U gotta tell him what u know, otherwise he'll think it's something else. Closure is good for both peoplem

0|0
    0|0
  • I think every break up deserves an explanation, no matter the context.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes he deserves a explanation if anything to know that he fucked up u can say he knows but truly he may not

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope no reason to give that he won't try to explain away so why bother. Let him stew in it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think you’re wrong

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes