Why do you think he's decided to ends things so abruptly?

I met this guy about a month ago and everything was going great. We were so genuinely happy with each other, always laughing and having fun. I met his friends and family. It felt like we were moving towards a relationship. We would see each other 3-4 times a week.

He even told me once that in future it’ll be weird when he goes out at night now that he’s seeing me. So I was under the influence, he would not be going out as much.

One night recently he went out and the next day his contact was strange. His messages were just statements and not really asking about me. I called him that night and expressed my concerns, maybe that he had met someone else. He told me not to worry and that he really likes me. He asked if he could come around or asked if I wanted to go to his. I got of the phone and said I’ll call him back, I didn’t, he called me back. Then did the same to me, said he needed to think. So he called back half an hour later. The next day he didn’t message me at all which was strange as we have been texting everyday for a month. I called him that night and questioned why I hadn’t heard from him. I asked if he wanted to end things and he said were moving too fast even though I feel like he was the one who was pushing for a relationship. He said he’s focused on work, has “bigger plans” even though realistically, I’m at uni doing a relatively hard degree, he hasn’t gone to college. I kept asking what he wants and if he wants to continue seeing me, in one phone call it gave him about half an hour to give a response. I asked if we could meet up that night and he said yes at some points, then said no. Told me that he's going to hurt me (emotionally) if we meet up and he doesn't want me to persuade him. I'm going away on holiday and something came up about my trip and he indicated that I'll be hooking up with men.
1 y
We hung up and I tried calling back which he refused answering. It’s been a couple of days and nothing. Very hurt and confused as everything felt like it was going great. We would look each other for a minute and be smiling or find something to laugh about. We would compliment each other a lot. He told me I was ridiculously attractive and that I had the best personality. I always tried to make him feel confident too.
1 y
TL;DR a guy that I was seeing where everything appeared to be "perfect" and we got along like a house on fire, suddenly told me after a night where I felt potentially insecure about him going out and his weird text messages afterwards that he doesn't want to see me anymore because he has "bigger plans", that we're moving too fast and doesn't want anything serious. But his actions said something very very different when we were together.
0
1