Could my ex potentially want me back?

About three weeks ago my ex boyfriend of about 9 months told me that he wasn’t in love with me anymore and he wanted to break up. It was rough, and there were some verbal arguments and then I stopped contacting him for about three weeks. Just this week, I texted him only about giving him his stuff back. I’m on vacation, and I was just telling him when I would be back to give him his stuff. He immediately texted back. I texted him the next day asking him if it would be okay if I gave him his stuff a little later simply because I had to work the same day I returned, I told him that I didn’t want it to seem like I was trying to keep his stuff from him. He told me he understood and then began to apologize about the “last time we talked” and that he was not having a good day and was sorry for his attitude. I didn’t know what he meant by that. The next day I decided I was ready to follow him on instagram again, almost immediately after I followed him he requested to follow me and right after I accepted I got a text from him that says “Hey I’m ready to be friends now, if you wanna” I just said sure and he said thank you. Then we sort of had some small talk I was replying short with him because I really didn’t want anything to do with him. He had added me back on snapcbat after I unblocked him. And on my story was something about how I was tanning. After I texted him back a simple “yeah” he asked me how tanning was and I asked him how he knew and he said that he stalking my snapchat and laughed it off. When we were dating he used to say this to me a lot. He snaps me a lot more often now and last night he told me out of the blue that I never lost him as a best friend and that he’d still be here for me no matter what. I told him that meant a lot to me and that maybe sometime we could hangout and he replied with “Yeah! I’d like that, we can get snocones or something :)” of course there have been a lot other small things that I have noticed but these are the main ones.
Could my ex potentially want me back?
Add Opinion