Reaching out to my boyfriend’s new girlfriend to take revenge on him: is it too much?

My ex REALLY really mistreated me. I won’t go in the details but he behaved like a fucking disgusting cruel asshole. He’s manipulative and gaslighted me throughout our whole relationship, than as I started complaining about his behavior he dumped me for a poor ugly girl who had been his side chick for a while already I assume.

I have texts of him telling me how beautiful and great I am he wrote months after dumping me for this other girl, as they were officially dating.

Also, I heard him recycle our jokes/couple nicknames etc with her.

I’m so tempted to reach out to her and send her a print screen of those messages and tell her how those things he tells her are jokes I personally made up and that referred to us and he’s just recycling with her.

I hate her so I wouldn’t do that to do her a favor just to take revenge on him. I want him to pay for what he did to me but on the other side, I don’t want to lower myself to his levels and feel like a bad person.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Whatever tough situation you've been through, you owe yourself a lot, so focus on yourself and fix what's broken in that relationship. I know it's hard to see the one who hurt you happy at the moment, but he'll know your worth when you live your life happily without him. letting go of people whom you know you can ruin their life would tell the kind of person you really are... so instead of thinking about revenge, invest your time and your energy to cope with your feelings.
    don't give him a thing of your feelings, no love or hate.

Most Helpful Girl

• You will just look like the hung up, obsessed, desperate and pyscho ex girlfriend. He will love to know you are not over him and so will his new girlfriend. It will just have the opposite effect on him. It also just comes off as childish. Rather move on with your life. It is in the past. Nothing can change what happened or what he did.