Is this leading him on?

A little less than a month ago a guy who I really, really liked broke up with me because he has too much going on in his life. He was perfect, and it sucked...but we decided to stay friends. My friends saw how much it was affecting me so they hooked me up with a friend, and he's a super nice guy. He pays for everything, texts me constantly, wants to hangout all the time...but I somewhat find myself avoiding it. I like him...but I'd rather have my ex back. My ex randomly called me the other night, and we talked about everything and he told me he really liked me. Then a couple days later he wanted to hangout with me, but we just ended up texting all night. I don't think he wants a relationship again, but I don't know what to do with the new guy. I feel like maybe there could be something...if the timing was better. I told him we have to take it slow and whatever...but I really don't want to hurt him. Should I just end it now or keeping taking it slow and giving it time? I don't want to be that girl, and I'm starting to feel really bad. :( I've never done the whole "rebound" thing before...so I'm not sure if that's what this is or not.

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• yes it is because if you feel like he is a rebound, then he is. its obvious that you are still into your ex. and you have realized that he doesn't want a relationship again..i would say tell the guy you are currently how you feel which is that you aren't ready to start something serious. tell him you need some time to yourself. tell him that he is a great guy but the timing is wrong. you need to become comfortable with yourself before trying to jump into something right away. rebounds aren't cool..and its hard to get over someone when you are still close friends. maybe you should take a short break, like 2 or 3 weeks without constantly talking or hanging ou, because if you don't its going to start feeling like you never broke up, you never got over it which is not healthy. but all in all it is a rebound..sucks doesn't it.