Have you ever avoided breaking up with someone to avoid hurting their feelings?

How did it end up?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • I haven't had a relationship
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I break up as soon as I realize it's not a good match. Maybe it would be smarter for me to ride it out and make them sick of me so ending is easier. I always was the straightforward type though.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • If it's because the relationship has problems and won't work out , it's better to end earlier than later. If it's bc I have my eye on someone else, remaining the relationship will not only hurt their feeling but also is disrespectful.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No, I haven't. It isn't our job to stop other people ever getting hurt. We have a right to be with who we choose and to not be with who we don't want to be. The only moral responsibility is to be honest and to be somewhat sensitive when you know that something is over. The rest is up to the other person to handle, as it is for all of us to handle should be be on the wrong side of a breakup. Nobody is responsible for us beyond the point that they choose to be.

1|1
    0|0
  • Literally didn't talk to my girlfriend for half a year in order to avoid breaking up with her. After I ignored her for 6 months she finally got ahold of me and broke up with me officially. Then the next day tried to get back together.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Yes my boyfriend has and he and I r still trying to work on our relationship

0|1
    0|0
  • I’ve put it off initially for a little while because I get awful, but it was only fair to both of us to don’t so I just had to do it in person in the kindest way possible.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

Recommended myTakes