My boyfriend thinks I don’t trust him and because of this, he’s considering breaking up. What can I say?

Basically, we have been together for 7 months now and last night (while he was heading to a party) I was so mad at him that I said “Don’t talk to any girls at the party”. He became very mad and said “I already told you I’m not there to talk to girls why can’t you just trust me”. After the call he texted me and said “I’m sorry. I love you but it’s hurts being with you when you don’t trust me” and he said he didn’t want to see me the next day but after a bit of calm talking he said “Okay we aren’t broken up... but we aren’t on good terms. I will see you tomorrow and then we will talk”.
I REALLY need to fix my mistake. I know I do, and I really do trust him, I just get extremely jealous because he has so many friends that are girls, and it makes me jealous when other girls get to spend more time with him than me (we live 20 minutes away from each other and go to different schools). It doesn’t help when I’m already mad at him for something else and when a girl pops up during the same time, I just yell “Don’t talk to her”. I do trust him! I don’t need to go through his phone, I don’t need to do anything. I know he would never cheat on me. I just really want to prove to him that I do trust him and that I made an awful mistake. How can I reassure him so that we stay together? Please help, what should I say...
I’m deleting this question I’m 48 hours because barley any of you have good advice lol only a few who are helping me on how to fix it not what I did wrong. I don’t need a history lesson lol half of you probably aren’t even in relationships and don’t understand so nevermind bye

311

Most Helpful Guys

• I think that you seriously have to sit down and talk with him. Try to understand your feelings of jealousy and see if there's a way to work together to heal that rift. Does he talk to you much about these female friends? Do you feel that there's a lot going in that side of his life that you don't know? If so then you have a right to feel worried. Beyond all else, talk to him about his feelings on this, and also talk about your own feelings. It sounds wishy-washy but without total openness and understanding on both sides, you're going to be in for a lit of hurt and regret later.

• My advice is that you tell him everything you said here. But in the future you will have to stop telling him not to talk to other girls. Nobody wants to be with a person who tries to control their life. Just make sure you explain it to him like you did here, that it has nothing to do with those girls, you were just mad about something else and that you know he wouldn't cheat on you. I think he will understand that

• Okay. Thank you very much

Most Helpful Girl

• But you don’t trust him. It’s seriously next level crazy to tell your partner they can’t talk to people and makes it completely clear that you don’t trust him, you don’t respect him to be faithful and you could have proven that by not acting like this.

• I do trust him. And I’m not asking what I did wrong I’m asking how to fix it thanks

• Your excusing your behaviour and trying rationalise it with bullshit. The first part of fixing a problem is admitting what it is and owning your poor behaviour but instead you’re down playing it