Did you ever break someone's heart?

Did it hurt you too?

2|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I suspected I did once, but don't really know for sure (not sure how much she cared as she never expressed it).

It "hurt" me as in I didn't want to hurt her, but it also was necessary and unavoidable.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • well an amazing girl fell in love with me but I couldn't force my self to share the same feeling and I couldn't lie to her so I decided to be honest with her before it goes further but it broke her heart anyway, it made me feel bad for a long time, but I still think I made the right choice...

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I broke someones heart by leaving him and in the process it broke my heart too, but I had to do it because we were destroying each others lives and the only way to restore order was to let go of him. To this day I still wonder if I made the right decision, because even though we were completely wrong for each other I loved him unconditionally.

1|1
    0|0
  • I did but I don't think it was intentional. It was just me getting a guy interested, showing interest back and then not falling through on it when he wanted us to date. I guess I was praying and God was telling me to avoid him and later I concluded he was bad news and dropped things with him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 45

• Yeah, when I moved to a new city my now ex wanted to stay together but I knew it would be hard but I didn't think it would work. She sent me screenshots of all the times I told her I would love her forever. I knew I hurt her and that's what hurt me the most. I couldn't listen to female breakup songs anymore because I was the bad guy who made the girl cry. It was the right decision but it didn't hurt any less just cause it was right

2|0
    0|0
    • I feel like when you tell someone that you will love them forever, it’s like a curse or jinx.

• As I said it to her, I knew it was a bad idea but I couldn't help it. Young love I guess

• Well... I don't know how it practically works but I've turned down every girl that has told methey really like me, they had crushes on me for years, and I feel really horrible rejecting them, I can't stop thinking about them for a very long time

0|0
    0|0
    • Why did you reject them all?

• Show All
    • Well I don’t blame you that you have those thoughts. A man’s sexually peak is usually around the age of 18-25... whereas a woman is at 35. So I guess I understand your sexual frustration?

Like you, I don’t like to be touched by anyone unless I have given my full trust to them. Hugging people makes me sometimes cringe unless I initiate it first. But there is a reason why my behavior is like this.

If I may ask, why don’t you like people touching you? Were you touch inappropriately by anyone?

And I think you shouldn’t be ashamed of your fantasies, everyone has them even tho they don’t like to admit it.

• @mel1695 lol my fantasies are dark... Lol, and the issue of physical contact... Lol you and I are alike there... I've never actually hugged anyone since last year or 2 years ago I believe, I can only shake hands, and fist bumping, and I realised I'm actually very sensitive lol! I literally jump when someone touches me, I've not been able to let people touch me... even my best friend on the female side, and having done karate, kick boxing, it doesn't help that I become really defensive when someone touches me without me realising it at first, I literally almost threw someone when they touched me while I was just thinking about something, I'm I once did something where I started flirting with a girl... Lol it's not right because she probably wanted to have sex with me... we were in class and I kept touching and caressing her inner thigh and she kept laughing and blushing she ended up being very physical as well which i didn't like precum was leaking... like a lot

• Yes unfortunately.
    My first relationship was cut short by my gullibleness as a little Freshman in High School. I gave in to rumors and let people influence me. It hurt me when I realized what I have done and I pay the price today in the memories.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never on purpose, and always with regret. I would never hurt someone's feelings on purpose, but neither would I stay in a relationship for someone else's happiness.

2|0
    0|0
  • i did. it hurt a lot knowing that i hurt them. it was really hard to see the devastation and knowing i was the cause of it

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I regret it because they didn’t deserve it. I wished there was another way but I couldn’t find one

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes, and it never feels good to have someone pour their heart out when you can't give them what they want.

3|0
    0|0
  • Yes I did. She was deeply in love with me but she was mental (narcissistic or histrionic personality disorder and that's only the start of it) and intolerant and I wasn't treated nicely.
    One day I took my stuff and left.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I hate breaking hearts more than I hate having my heart broken.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but it was necessary, and of course it hurt. I hate seeing others in pain

2|0
    0|0
  • I remember feeling really guilty afterwards but that break up needed to happen

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I did but it had to happen. Sometimes the truth hurts but it is better than living a lie.

1|0
    0|0
  • Unfortunately, more than once. I felt bad about it the moment I was doing it but I knew it's the right thing to do so no, it didn't hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I think, once.
    Didn't hurt me at all.
    She seemed to be losing her mind and was driving me crazy, too. So I was out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Accidentally, I never meant to. Just didn't realise I crossed the line, which I apologized straight away

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never been pursued that I would be in the position to 🙁

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't broken any heart before but I know it will hurt me too

0|0
    0|0
  • no never l have been cheated on 3 times not nice at al

0|0
    0|0
  • I do it all the time, it is not my guilt, just genetics, and my obsession with gym

0|0
    0|0
  • Unethically... nope.

But you can't keep anyone happy forever that's a fact too

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 46

• It hurts me only if it's a friend. I don't friend zone people. I keep minimal contact after rejecting someone. So that person is getting rejected, but I am losing a friend too. I don't sugarcoat my words either. Because it will only get their hopes up. I feel bad for acting like that. But you can't help it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and I dont care. He left me for another girl and when I got into a new relationship he wanted me back. After that. I had some male friends. And I think I broke their heart when they met my boyfriend. I told them I want just to be friends from the start.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and yes.. Because we didn't think everyone around us would improve.. So now we will never know.. But i hope he out there ans found someone he can be happy with

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes to both, I know that being rejected hurts so I don't like having to reject someone because I don't feel the same way

1|0
    0|0
  • apparently yes, he broke up with me, then turned it around and accused me of things. yes, it hurt me as well

0|0
    0|0
  • It hurt me too, but I was no longer even attracted to him.
    We were in a short lived relationship and he messed up, that made me lose interest quickly and feelings faded away. So, I didn’t give him the second chance he asked for for over 6 months.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I might have but I kinda see it as karma and he needed to learn his lesson as he treated a lot of people badly himself

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but I felt relieved because I was free and due to their behavior they had it coming. And I wasn’t a bitch but I did break up with them and that broke their heart I think.

0|0
    0|2
  • Yes it did I hurt my ex when I broke up with him and he was just the nicest person ever but I was not feeling the relationship it was so hard to explain "it wasn't him it was me"
    Hmmmm *sigh*

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I think like two people.
    It could be more or less. They don’t usually tell me when I have broken their hearts.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have, yes. But I am not a mean person. It's part of life.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes, and it did hurt me aswell. More than I thought it would.

0|0
    0|0
  • I broke my boyfriend heart
    Brothers heart
    It hurt me severally

0|0
    0|0
  • Yesss. I slapped my bff's face and said f4ck off when she wanted to leave her school.
    It hurted me more than hurted her.

0|0
    0|1
  • Probably when I rejected some desperate guys whose first message was 'i love u'.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, and I'm not sure if it broke my heart but it hurt and it still does. Not in like I still love u way, different

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have and I have also been heartbroken. Such is life.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I hate breaking people’s heart. I feel terrible about it every time

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes when breaking up with my ex he was too nice i was walking all over him I had to save him.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes, and yes.

1|0
    0|1
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes