Exgirlfriend said to leave her alone while she is overseas, but she messages me still [distant, cold, and rudely but still messages me]?

So my ex technically dumped me back in April for my clinginess issues. I admit my issues were really bad. I got so caught up in the idea of being with her, and I had lost my job around that time too, that I made her my top priority. I wanted to talk to her all day everyday, I wanted to see her everyday, I wanted her to spend the night every night, I said I love you 4-5 times a day, etc. It even was so bad at one point if she got up and walked into a different room I followed her. She hated it. Called it puppy following. I also would double text her if she didn't reply. I also always had to be touching her. Like a hand on her leg, etc. In the beginning of the relationship, she admitted it was cute. But then it got annoying, then creepy, then unbearable. She dumped me in April, but we tried to work it out. Things were going great. Not BACK TOGETHER, but saying I love you, sleeping over, going on dates, etc. But one night I caved and became clingy again, and it all came crashing down. She packed up all her stuff and stormed off saying "see you in 3 weeks". She left for Denmark the next day [vacation]. As she boarded her flight, I caved and messaged asking if we could talk. She blew up at me saying "For once just do what I want and stop messaging me. Leave me alone. You're so full of emotion." I didn't even reply to it. I expected her to be radio silent the whole 3 weeks, but she messaged me the very next day saying "How are you?". Chatted briefly (off and on because I was at work and the time difference), and I could tell she was being distant and possibly cold. Her answers were just short. I asked her to take pictures of Danish food, and she replied "I'll do that if I want." I replied and she just read it but didn't respond. Since I was dumped for being clingy, I want to earn her respect back. And then attraction again. And eventually back together and her love. How do I handle messaging her while she is gone. Do I wait for her to do it 1st?
1
1