He broke up with me for no reason and then blocks me because he says he's not over me?

THE BREAKUP:
I have been dating the guy for about 6 months. Everything was PERFECT. I mean it! Never had a fight, treated each other with a lot of love and respect, the whole nine yards. Then one day out of ~literally~ nowhere he just turns to me and says "I know this makes no sense, but I'm breaking up with you". All I wanted was a reason, and he couldn't come up with one. When I demanded one by saying "I and the relationship I gave you deserves a reason", he just came up with untrue things to hurt me enough to get me to shut up. He also said he didn't know why he was doing what he was doing, but he just had to... it kind of looked like a psychotic break.

THE AFTERMATH:
I obviously couldn't help myself but text him asking questions, so he said he thought it would be best to not communicate for awhile. I respected it and didn't contact him. A day later, he blocks me on EVERYTHING. Facebook, twitter, Instagram, snapchat, and his cellphone. I was really hurt by this because it seemed like he broke my heart for no reason and then blocked me to just keep being mean. All with no sense to it. So, I messaged him on groupme and asked why he did this. He said he needed to do it to get over me and heal.

My question:
WHY did he do all of this out of absolutely nowhere and WHY would he breakup with me if he would need time to get over me?
2
2