Have you ever felt like you met your 'soul mate'?

Do you believe in soul-mates? Have you met yours yet?

Or what are some things that made you realize the person in question was your soul-mate?

Some things that come to mind for me are:

- Started as a feeling that I couldn't explain (I have had crushes and lust before, but this was not that)

- Saw the same feeling in the other persons eyes

- Started questioning if I ever really loved anyone before then

- Stopped looking (even if I wasn't even looking when this person appeared in my life) because I knew I found what I wanted, although prior I didn't know what that was it seems.

Has anyone else felt this way? Have any thing to add?

Would love to hear your stories.

127

Most Helpful Girl

• well I think I found him. I think it's because I feel he is my other half. I just trust he will always be with me and treat me nicely. He calls me "your highness" and I call him "your majesty" hahahahah... but seriously you know you have found the one when you both are willing to die for each other so that the other person can live even though it was the other persons right to die. For example if he stole something and his penalty was death, I would be willing to die for him so that he can live and be happy. That's true love. We both want each other to be happy and spend the rest of our lives with one another and no one else. We both treat each other really well too. Plus we had a lot in common. We both don't like to drink, we can't dance so no clubbing, we both like classical music, we both like the same tree (willow tree), we both like the same pizza (tombstone with supreme), we both like the same bread (wonder bread with calcium), we both don't like sports, we both are boring and we like the house to be pretty clean (we clean together once a week), we get along really well, we understand each other, we're both still very interested in each other and we both make each other laugh. We're like, meant to be together because we have so many things in common it's like we were destined to be together. Plus our love story was that he had a crush on me when we were 12, but we grew apart (lived in the same town). Then 2 years after college, I moved to a new state. He joined the army and was stationed in the same state I was for a few months. We found each other on facebook at that time. We thought it would be nice to visit each other, when we did we fell in love. He had to go back to Europe and we were so much in love we did the whole long distance for almost a year. Writing love letters to each other 4-5 times a day and skyping at least an hour a day (some times more ofcourse). Yes we're married now and we can't wait to some day buy a house together, grow old together... and enjoy nice long vacations together. Ah life is NICE! =)

• Sounds wonderful. Gives me something to look forward to with mine. I have already played all the scenarios in my head...not even on purpose. They started out as dreams...our dating, our wedding, having children, etc. I have never felt or wanted that with anyone else. Scary thing is that when I look in his eyes, it is almost like I can see in him what I am feeling. We are in the early stages and the thought of being with this person forever is just overwhelming but in a wonderful way.

What Guys Said 7

• I'm 25, & I've met my 19yr old soul mate about a year ago. I will do ANYTHING for this girl, & I know she'd do the same for me.

Other girls...don't interest me @ all. No matter how cute/hot/beautiful she is. No matter how cool she is personality-wise. I know that there is only one that I'm supposed to be with. I don't bother with other females; no reason to do so. :)

Although we haven't been together in the past 5 months due to her going through something emotionally rough (traumatic event; personal)...I love her with everything that I have, & I'm certain that we'll be back 2gether when the time is right. She's definitely worth the wait.

This is what true love does to ppl, & it's a beautiful thing. :)

• I don't know about soul mate, but I have found a girl who is so incredible. She makes the room light up whenever she walks in, and when she smiles at me, it seems as if everything is right with the world. She is so graceful, and confident in who she is. Unfortunately, it seems that the feeling is not mutual. She only wants to be my friend. But what can you do? She'll always have my eye.

• yes--you just know from the first time you meet them. 2bad she was a bitch--everytime I saw her I always felt something-that I can't control in my mind and heart I was alwyas like "thats her". BUT she's not that goodlooking, not much of a personality, a slut, and not friendly-but I always got that feeling

so uh, she def is my soul mate since I have met plenty of pretty and quality girls and would have chosen her over them. she nothing special at all

so I hope-pray that I'm wrong

• I can barely comprehend what a 'soul-mate' even is, let alone having met mine.

• nope

• I have and unfortunately she's in a relationship right now.

• yes I met her when I was young. we first had a big fight and then few years later we meet again and became good friends for years until the day I told her I liked her. too bad she wanted to stay being friends, I shoud've told her when I got the chance

What Girls Said 11

• I met my soul mate once and I messed it up. Unfortunately for me I met him before I learned a very important life lesson - how to deal with crushes. Although I didn't cheat I did make a few bad decisions, leading to me breaking his heart. Our relationship was never the same.

Over time he also changed - the person that I fell in love with became a little colder and a little more harsh, not just to me. He began catching an eye for all the girls, began taking their sides in everything rather than mine. A few of his lady friends outright hurt me and he supported them, believing them when they said "oh they were just joking." And such.

Despite what happened towards the end, I do believe that he was my soul mate. I think that if I had not made the wrong decisions we would still be together happily today. We were like the same person and I'll always mourn having lost it.

• I believe that people can have many soulmates. Even if they are not the person you end up with, they come and go into your life and with them bring/leave some sort of lesson or change in your life. It sounds like that is what happened with you. I found out my supposed soul mate was someone who wasn't right for me after all, but he caused me to open up my heart and I think I am ready to find a lasting relationship...just not with him. :p

• YES! I have felt this way too...actually I the process right now :) Thank you for your question, it makes me happy to know that I am not alone. :)...Good luck, you'll probably loose weight as I have (haven't been about to eat because I am always thinking of him) :D Its like whenever I think of being with anyone, his name is automatically programmed in my head.

• I know what you mean. Now that I have met this guy I can't imagine anyone else.

• I have found my at the age of 13.. When we first met, we clicked just like that, we've got a lot of things in common, and once we started talking, becoming good friends, we started going out and we've been together ever since.. But if you have too, take breaks for a while, but don't lose him.. If he really is your soul mate, you will want to do anything for him:)... I hope I helped!

• I thought I did once, but I haven't seen him in 6 years. I still have a love in my heart for him, but I've moved on. I know I'll never see him again & I think there is someone else our there for me.

• i did any it felt exactly like that but then he cheated on me with 5 other girls so apparently I was wrong ... good luck

• not yet... someday I hope <3

• I happened to run across this old question, A year ago I would have probably said yes. But today I can say I was totally wrong.

• yessss <3 its been almost two years but yeah we are soulmates :)

• I think I have found mine. It's a hard feeling to describe. I don't want to sound sappy ha ha but I knew the moment I met him. I've dated guys and never felt the same way. There is a difference between lust and love. I have felt lust with all of my boyfriends, but this was something much stronger. I will do anything for him, and he is the same way. I have a very deep respect for him as a person. I think the best way to describe when I'm with him is being complete. :) for anyone who hasn't found one, they find you when your not looking. When I met mine I was pretty much done with guys for a while, after a failed relationship. Then all of a sudden he showed up! :)

• I have felt this way. It felt amazing. Normally I'm nervous around someone I have a crush on, but with him, I feel totally comfortable. And the look in his eyes. (Though sometimes I've wondered, not relevant to this case, just an aside, if I feel the electricity, is it only one sided?) I wasn't even looking when I met him. But unfortunately, he's already married. Though I gather his marriage is not one of love, but he does respect his wife and the sanctity of marriage and his responsibility to it. As do I. So sometimes, in my opinion at this moment, having this amazing connection can lead to the greatest heartbreak as well.

• I don't know if I've met the one. I always went round looking to be fixed. I met a guy first impression was that he was a bit of a douche, he loved drugs.

Under all that depression, drug taking, and self pitty was someone as lost as me.

I got to know him and he's trustworthy, funny, caring, intelligent, considerate and determined . I think I could trust him with my life.

Hes ditched the drug.

• Maybe love is his new drug. :)