Why are some people okay with the thought of having a side chick/dude? Why are some people okay with being the side chick/dude?

I ask this question because I was scrolling through a group called unpopular opinions on this app called whisper (some of you may know what that is, it's okay if you don't) and that person pretty much implied that they were the other woman. I've seen many posts like this I wonder why they think it's okay to be like that and some of their responses were "it's just sex" "Maybe their S/O needs to stop being lazy" and someone told it's to have the best of both worlds. I don't see how someone could be okay with tearing apart a relationship like that especially if they that person is in a relationship and I understand some people don't know that they're the other guy/girl but I'm talking about how people who know that the person is in a relationship and just not care about destroying it. I also feel like it's becoming a trend as well.
1
0