Do any of you contact your ex on the holidays? How did you feel? Regret? Was it positive?

So I called my ex boyfriend to wish him a happy Thanksgiving. I got his vm and just left a message. I was hoping he would answer, but I was OK with my decision. No regrets, I'm a thoughtful person, always true to myself. I last spoke with him 3 weeks ago and it was short but positive. Have any of you gone through this? Any regrets?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I messaged an ex once because I missed him but all I said was "Hey" and well he replied back for awhile but then told me he didn't want me texting him anymore because he has a girlfriend and he doesn't want her to see texts from me on his phone... that hurt... so I don't recommend it, but if your over him I guess it doesn't matter... as long as you don't lead him into thinking you want more...

But even after you get over an ex and have moved on.. why text him back after a long time of not speaking? I mean if you are really friends then sure. but I've deleted all my ex's so I can't imagine ever talkin to them again.

What Guys Said 2

• No, Never have I ever. I'd rather not too. It just confirms to them that you are thinking of them. Don't get me wrong if I got a phone call from an ex to make it more inviting, I would just be all, "hey how are you? I was just thinking of you. Strange".

• It's a tough call really, because when you send a message, not only does it say that you're thinking about him, it opens yourself up to get hurt. Because if they don't reply it will hurt. As long as your not going in expecting him to come over and spend the holiday with you, then its ok.

What Girls Said 1

• I plan to contact my ex as it's his birthday in 2 weeks. I have him a gift that I've had for a while. I also intend on talking to him as things were less unresolved. I won't regret it, it's something I must do x