Everything was perfect between us. We had the best relationship Then his Nan died... and he ended it. What's he thinking?

Anonymous
My boyfriend and I had been together for five months, have known eachother for a year as we work together. We have the same circle of work friends and so ended up getting closer. We had the best relationship. He'd said that he'd never had a bond like this before and after just a couple of months he wanted us to save up to buy a house next year.

Then his Nan died. I was the first person he rang when he found out. He began to withdraw and became pretty depressed -he admitted this a little while ago. Between his mum and I we convinced him to see a counsellor. He's made an appointment. Eventually he broke up with mev (this was 24hrs after telling me he's closer to me than anyone and takes me for granted). He's now turned cold and told me he doesn't want a girlfriend and wants to travel. I don't know what to think. My work mates have all turned on me but I've done nothing wrong. What is going on in his head?
3
2