My boyfriend cheated on me and I feel so awful and dumb of myself, what do I do to move on?

Anonymous
So my boyfriend and I are both 19. We were in a relationship for three months, we’ve been friends ever since 9th grade and 3 months ago admitted that he wanted to be more than friends. So a couple weeks ago my boyfriend told me he had cancer and had to leave me because he has cancer and was going to die. At first, I was gullible enough to believe his story and cried for a week and got over it. Then two weeks later he texts saying I’m sorry and I tell him “for what? I understand we have to break up at some point but not like that” and he said “no I don’t have cancer and am not dying”. I knew it and I got so angry at him, he told me that this girl was blackmailing him to marry him and he was somewhat telling the truth since he put engaged on his social media. At first I was so upset saying that it’s not fair that he was being taken away from me and that he’s got to call the police since forced marriage is illegal in all states of the United States and that I have a friend where he lives since I used to live there and my friend could call the police. He then told me “no! mind your own damn business!!” As if he was protecting her. I felt hurt and just texted “okay... goodbye”

he never messaged me back after that. I told my friend to not call the police and she asked if everything was okay and I said yes. Later on she asked me what happened and I told her about it and she said, “it sounds like he cheated on you with this girl and f*cked her and got her pregnant and refuses to get an abortion so her parents must be forcing him to marry her” I got super upset.
1 y
So how do I move on from this guy? I feel like after all the rejection I’ve been through in my life and then being cheated on and dumped, I never want to like or love a guy again. All those internet posts of guys being sweet to girls and doing stuff for girls is fake and probably the only reason why a guy would ever do that for a girl is for nudes and sex. I’d only have sex with a guy if I knew the relationship was going to end up long term and in a marriage one day depending on what the
1 y
Will everyone stop calling me a bitch? Why do you guys even care that I say that I don’t want to be with a guy? It’s my decision, not yours. And I sure as heck know it’s not like that you all are angry just because you would want to try dating me
4
0