Can a guy ever be scared to jump in a relationship with a girl they really like because of a bad past experience?

Met this guy about three months ago. We exchanged information and ended up going out on a few occasions. He has told me that he is not interested in a relationship and is telling me this because he does not want to hurt me ( his last girlfriend of 5 years dumped him out of the blue) I said that is fine with me. We have a blast together and there is definite chemistry there. I am just confused by his actions though...They differ from what he says. Sex with him is very passionate. A lot of eye contact, holding hands, kissing...Not just your wham bam thank you mam kind. Afterwards he cuddles with me. When I roll away he scoops me back up. He runs his hands through my hair and kisses my forehead throughout the night when he thinks I am asleep. I also woke up to him watching me while I was sleeping. I often see him looking at me when he thinks I am not paying attention. He is in no mad rush to get rid of me in the morning. When I say I need to go...he changes the subject and next thing I know...I am there for another hour lol! But when we are apart...he is very distant...keeps the communication line to a minimal. He does text and email me about once or twice a week but keeps the conversation neutral. So should I listen to his actions more than his words. I am not going to act on it because I want to respect his wishes. I really like hanging out with him (even though it is not that often) and I would rather have him as a friend than nothing at all. But his signals are all over the board! Can a guy ever be scared to jump in a relationship with a girl they really like because of a bad past experience?

01

What Guys Said 1

• there are some addictions in life that any person would want to have...love is one of those...think of a breakup as trying to end the addiction to drugs or alcohol...nobody wants to fall into that hole

What Girls Said 0