Guys, My ex boyfriend mentioned to me he is messing around with girls. Weeks later, he told me he is going to stop upsetting me. What does this mean?

Me and him broken up and decided to become friends but he acted like we was together. He started talking about the past which was a year ago of things I done to him. I told him to stop and get over the past. He told me that he is going to get over something. Lately, he been less talking to me, telling me to leave him alone, telling me I'm blowing up his phone. I have been doing what he asked of giving him peace of mind. He confess with cheating with a girl he just happened to have sex with and when we are meeting up and hanging out. He been chatting with the girl on his phone and it seemed that he was being obsessed with chatting with her throughout the hangout and spending time.
1