Guys, is there a point to contact the ex?

So gentlemen, is there a point to contact the ex? She doesn't contact you after you don't know why, one minute we friends and talking, then she disappears with no explanation and you never hear from her after that. Then I again, I'm the one that told her I didn't want anything. Do you guys bother with happy thanksgiving, happy birthday, or merry Christmas messages? Is there even a point anymore? Does the amount of time that has passed even matter? or do you hope to open communication, by trying to reach out? Girls are welcome to their thoughts as well.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• No point. You're just dredging up the past for nothing. She's moved on and so should you.

• I'm asking for your option for you do you/would you. I know she is moving on and I have too...

What Girls Said 2

• don't stay in contact. it sends mixed signals. like "why is he trying to talk to me when HE broke up with ME?" it makes me hate the guy even more.

• I think it depends on what your motives are. If you want to get back with her, then yes you should contact her. But if you don't want to get back with her, then I say respect the fact that she has moved on. That IS what you asked for.

What Guys Said 3

• If you want to stay friends with her, then go ahead and keep contact with her. Just to see how she is doing sometimes or when her birthday comes up tell her happy birthday.

• I debated the same thing with my recent ex, but as Thanksgiving passed, I didn't even bother wishing her. I mean, it's done with and it's best to just move on and forget.

Once you've said everything during your break-up, be it through e-mails or following phone calls trying to get things to work, you've said enough.

That's me, though.

• I think if she has made no effort to get in contact then she probably doesn't want to be friends. Perhaps she still has fellings for you and thinks it's better to have NC. Or she has met someone else and your not in her head anymore. I mean if you want to stay in touch then send her a mesage but if she doesn't respond then leave it alone and forget her. Thta's about all you can do.