Ex boyfriend troubles...help!!!!!

Hey guys I need hep with my ex! We knew each other for about a year and were really good friends. We started dating and it was wonderful! Our families loved each other and this guy and I wanted to get married. He said I was the love of his life. Something happened and our communication went south. I also had a lot of mental issues that I needed to deal with. He said that maybe he was supposed to be single and never marry. I broke up with him and told him that I still loved him and that I was doing this out of respect for his decision. Ever since school started its been a roller coaster. I've given him space and have tried to be his friend. We started to text again and he said he liked me and he couldn't help himself from doing that. He came over to my house and we snuggled and watched a movie and basically said we wanted to get back together. The next week he said I was stalking him and that he wants to get over me. He deleted me from his fcb! It has been 3 weeks since I've talked or texted him. I dealt with the mental issues I needed to and I emailed him a short letter about how I was sorry that I treated him like dirt and that I hope I didn't lose him as a friend. He says he wants to be over me but why does he look at me so much and always try to have eye contact?

Thanks guys! I found out that he likes another girl now and it hurts like hell. I've been told that intends to ask this girl out on a date. What do I do?
He also said that he owes me an apology but isn't ready to come and talk to me yet. He won't even look me in the eye anymore... I'm in a a lot of pain

22

Most Helpful Guy

• He is trying to force himself to get over you. It doesn't matter what you do now, he needs to deal with this on his own. He is the one that is not constant. One minute he loves you, wants to marry you, then he doesn't want anything to do with you, then tells you he wants to get back together, then says you are stalking him? He sounds all over the place. Don't reach out to him. Just tell him, that you respect him and what he wants. Then leave it at that. If that isn't good enough for him, then that's his problem.

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like you both aren't over one another but while you still seem to want to work things out he is still wondering if its all worth it. He's been hurt and doesn't want to feel that pain again. So I would suggest that if you really like this guy, you give him some space. Tell him you still love and care about him but with everything that has happened you both need to do your own thing and maybe in 6 months or so you guys can grab coffee or something and see where that takes you.

PS No matter what, if you guys start to argue don't bring up the past... there is nothing like pulling up things from the past after you say you have forgiven someone...

What Girls Said 2

• I think, maybe, he's scared to get back with you. Maybe the risk is too overwhelming for him. He's probably scared of getting hurt again. Guys are sensitive creatures despite the front they put on. I'd say leave him to calm down, give him space, respect what he wants and get in with life. I'm not saying give up - don't! After the period of no contact and silence blah blah blah, approach him again carefully. Go from there. Keep me posted x

• Hes stuck, and he doesn't know how to handle it right. So when he treats you bad, he figures it out but then he gets stuck, I believe he's just confused, and doesn't really know how to feel