How can I stop him from moving in with us?

The father of my child is almost 9 years older than me. We have a 1 year old son together. Because he could not financially support our son I had no choice but to apply for food stamps and move into the projects.In the past, I have prostituted myself because I am not a down point, and not receiving much help.

I am from a upper middle class family and by no means am I used to this 'not having enough money' lifestyle. I qualified for a 1 bedroom apartment in the projects. The environment is rough,and my place very tiny. My son's father wants to move in with us, and I don't want him too. He pays the rent which is only one hundred bucks a month. I don't want him to live with us because 1) the place is really only meant for one person. 2) he is the very lazy type and will get comfortable and probably won't do anything to better our living situation.

HELP! How can I tell him this, without him getting angry? He is 32 and I am 23.

I am sad that I have to live like this. He nor I was ready for a child, but what is done is done. I can't wait until I finish my schooling then I can move out of this crap!

33

Most Helpful Girl

• If he's paying the rent, why do you have an issue with him moving in. If he wasn't paying it you and your kid would be on the street. If you don't want him living there, pay the rent yourself.

Sorry, but raising and financially supporting a kid is a job meant for 2 people. You're making it sound like it's all on him.

• Its been all on me for the past year. I've been buying all of the food and most of the clothes. And spending 7 days a week with our son. The only thing he really is doing is paying rent. Its about time he has some type of responsibility.

• I have an issue with him moving in, because he is the type to get lazy and comfortable. He will want to live in that situation his entire life. I feel like if I keep him distant he will have no choice but to want to do better. All I've been doing for the past 4 years with him is pushing him to be better. I am basically his Mom.

What Guys Said 3

• Crap. I couldn't request a friend add...maybe because you're listed anonymous. Maybe you can request one from me. Id love to talk to you more. Here's my email TheMasculinist@Hotmail.Com you write me and ill give you my cell number too. =) Got a nice house you can live in if you wanted a different life...

• I would say apply for cash aid as well. You can pay the rent yourself. Tell him to go f***himself. And uh...Im a single dad with a three bedroom house I own...I had to go through all that stuff you said you had to go through...I didn't prostitute myself technically...but I did a p*rn film once to pay rent...so I know what you're going through...anything for the kid. I'm gonna request your friendship...id love to talk more with you.

• before I will reply here how about a recent update to the stuation 8 months is a long time and no recent updates that says anything as to if you finished school or if he moved in or not.

What Girls Said 2

• Just tell him you don't think there isn't enough room & that you don't want to live with someone esle right now.

• You need to get out of this situation. It's only going to get worse. Go back home, if your family will let you, and start over with your child. Your child needs a good environment to grow up and be raised in and you need to provide that. Prostitution and living in the projects with a deadbeat dad is not the answer to your problems.