Can guys come off as stupid or say stupid things, or blank out when they’re around the girl they like?

So I work with this guy in a store, he’s like 21. We kept staring each other so I mustered up courage to approach him and talked to him, and he just talked kinda weird and said random things. I’m wondering if he actually is mentally slow or if something is off, or could it just seem this way because he is shy / nervous. I don’t mean any harm or to say anything is wrong with people who are, but I’m just wondering if sometimes when guys get nervous around a girl they like if they say stupid things or just kinda stare and blank on words or try to be funny and just sound stupid? Because he said this remark that seemed like he was trying to make a joke or to make conversation but at the same time it was awkwardly said and I didn’t know how to take it. It seemed kinda stupid honestly, thinking about it now, but I’m hoping that was nerves?
1 y
Wow I meant this in guys behavior not break up
3
0